1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting the Bowman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 3, 2010.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The painting has started and it is aleady pushing me to the limit bearing in mind of what i saw at euro.Anyway ,acrylics are used in this sbs of the bowman bust.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

BarrieHynd, Jim Patrick, pmfs and 8 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ooooh! nice craggy face! (y)
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous work.
    Your sculptwork is coming to life.

Marc
  4. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    The painting continues.I started to paint the helm in oils but cleared it up and will rework it in acrylics.The rest however is done in acrylics.The shirt sleeves will be painted in a weathered crimson.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Meehan34 and gordy like this.
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    The right arm and head have been glued in place.The left arm is partly painted but the parts will have to be tied in once in place,that is ,more to paint still.comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

BarrieHynd and gordy like this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love it Andy. The gambeson is very well done, as is the shading on the cape. As for the face, it shows true defiance.
    Carl.
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    The left arm has been added but still needs more paint.The bow string has yet to be added also.The hooded bonnet has been toned down with some grey to alter it fron the sleeves.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

mil-mart, Meehan34 and pinsel like this.
  8. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello very handsome.cant wait untill its released.i like it.your painting is very well suited for the time.its not to bright neverless looks not dull.its just perfect and impressive
    cheers
  9. renegertje Member

Netherlands
    Your painting is OK. Not to bright, but it shows (in my opinion) a very good picture of how it could have been in real life,
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy, an excellent finish, great subject/sculpting and painting. I like this one a lot.(y)

Cheers Ken
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous work Andy.
    Like it very much.

marc