1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Painting Major Heinz

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I have started painting my sculpt of Major Friedrich Wilhelm Heinz, C.O. of 4. Brandenburg Regiment (Abwehr) in 1943. The bust is a gift for a friend,Major Heinz's son. I am painting him primarily with Liquitex professional bottled acrylics.

I would say that the face is about 80% there. Still some glazing to do and the hair is really just undercoated.

My 14 year old knocked him off a table and broke his head off after priming so I have some delicate crack filling to do at his neck/collar. I was good about it....surprisingly.

Comments welcome.

Colin

Attached Files:

gordy, rheath and gothicgeek like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Colin, the eyes turned out very well! I have to mention here though that there are some spots on the face (chin, sides of mouth, sides of nose, under lower lip) that look like your acrylics were laid-down and left distracting rings where the paint pooled and evaporated. I know you're not done yet, and you could certainly be addressing these, just thought I would mention them. Keep it up!

Jay H.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Jay

Colin
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    95% done. Just have to base him and tidy him up a bit.

Colin

Attached Files:

gothicgeek and pmfs like this.
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Colin, excellent sculpting and painting, his son should be more than pleased with the end result, congrats.

Cheers Ken
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    He painted up really well Colin.
    Congratulations,
    Carl.