1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Our Grand Tour

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tony Dawe, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    My wife and I are taking six months off to travel around the world and while we are "on the road" I'm hoping to meet as many Planeteers as I can.

We leave Australia at the end of February and start our adventure in South Africa Where we'll be going on safari in Kruger National Park and diving with Great White Sharks off Cape Town.

We'll be in Athens 17-27 March and after that our plans are a bit loose. The rough plan is to island hop through Greece up the Dalmatian coast to Venice by mid-April. From there we will travel down the East coast of Itsly to Malta and then up the west coast to Rome.

We then go to Vancouver in May for a family wedding before going back to Europe in mid May and will travel through Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Denmark and Belgium between May and early July.

In early July we fly from London to Montreal and drive across Canada. We're then booked on the Inside Passage cruise up the western Pacific coast of BC.

In late July we fly to Auckland in New Zealand and spent two weeks in New Zealand visiting most of the locations where Lord of the Rings was filmed.

In early August we return to Australia via a short stop over in Brisbane.

The purpose of proving all this information is to give you a sense of roughly where I'm going and when I'll be there in case you'd like to catch up with me. I'd welcome any offers of accomodation and I'd love to attend any model shows while I'm travelling through Europe.

This is a trip of a life time for my wife and I and I'd love to meet some of my friends from Planet Figure while we're travelling around Planet Earth.
    Mike S., Joe55 and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    When you are into the neighbourhood of Holland you are always welcome.
    There is one problem: The exact date. I leaving Holland in the first 3 weeks of july. It is vacation time then.
    What part of our little country would you like to visit

Marc
  3. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Marc. I'd love to meet you and spend some time with you. I'd love to visit the site of the Battle of Waterloo which I know is nearby. We should be in Holland in late May.
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Lucky skunk....I'm envious as I'm sure you will have an excellent time in six months of travel and see many interesting things.....Travel safe...
    Regards,
    Wayne
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Tony

A trip of a lifetime ...WOW .....always wanted to swim with great whites .....awesome and envious

have a fantastic time if you can share pics of your travels

Nap
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well Tony,
    Waterloo is still 2 hours drive from my home. You Aussies find that peanuts, but here on the mainland it is a half day trip in our opinion.
    Maybe a clubmate from me who is living in Antwerp could guide you. I will ask if you like that.

Marc
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  7. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Have a great Grand tour Tony. It will be a lot of fun.

Cheers
    Chris
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  8. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    2 hours!

That's practically next door.

Thanks again Marc
  9. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Tony, diving with Great Whites at the beginning of your trip, I hope you make it to do the rest of it!...LOL!!

Sounds like an awesome adventure!....I am very envious.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Color me very envious. Are you planning a day or two here and there as "down time"? When traveling in Europe and UK my family always did that and it added comfort and enjoyment to the trips. Some would say "down time" days waste money and you necessarily see less - but not me. For what it's worth...

All the best,
    Dan
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Happy travels, Any where near Texas?
    John
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well superb idea

Please do not forget when in Europe, they are castles, cathedrals, Museum, by thousands, you coud travel through France, Italy, Greece etc.... and stop in every village, there is always something to see .

Yes Waterloo near Brussels ( in Brussels visit the Grand Place, The Place du Sablon with 100eds of Antiquarian, superb building, the Church ..., the Galeries du Roi, the Charles Quint palace below ground, the Cinquantenaire Museum, Army Museum, Old Cars Museum and then the Musical Instrument Museum and ... and .... )
    Try to focus with the peoples living there, on the most important points .

What I try to say is that my wife and myself travelled a lot in France by cars during almost 20 years a least 3 weeks/year and we estimate that we have seen almost nothing .
    This is typical on the old continent; when visiting a town 4/5 days are needed just to have an impression .

What to expect in Waterloo : http://waterloo1815.be/index.php?page=Home

Belgian Chocolates WARNING typicaly arround the Grand Place don't be fooled by shops telling on the window " Belgian Chocolates" they are Chinese ( mostly )
    Real made in Belgium chocolates : Godiva, Leonidas (the everyday praline, Neuhaus, Corné, Jeff de Bruges, Marcolini, Galler all are on the Grand Place and/or Sablon )

And welcome
  13. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,
    Our 2 weeks in South Africa are over and now we head to Athens for a week.

Any good model shows in Greece next week? IMG_1699.JPG
    napoleonpeart and mick3272 like this.
  14. mick3272 A Fixture

Are you sure your not still in Australia Tony ????:D
    Gary D, Chrisr and Tony Dawe like this.
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I see, you stayed in South Africa - and this is even "down under"... :D
    Dan Morton, Mirofsoft and Tony Dawe like this.
  16. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia

Well now you can see the world from our perspective Nap. (n) Its not easy clinging on with one's toenails mate :ROFLMAO:
  17. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Our first full day in Athens- straight to the Acropolis for a visit to the heart of Ancient Greece. Happy to meet any Athenian Figure Modellers if you're interested in having a beer

Attached Files:

napoleonpeart and Chrisr like this.
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Lucky skunk...................How could you not love that......
  19. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    This is NOT Sparta. IMG_1898.JPG
    Martin64 and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Tony Dawe likes this.