1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Orc "Bandolero", 1/9 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Rauko Din, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    Hello All.

In comparison with the works I have seen here my things look like ridiculous, but they are a good motivation to improve them... in the future... if I am capable, of course.

I want to present my “Orco Bandolero”, more or less “Orc Bandit” in English.

Originally it going to be a Distinguished Volunteer of Cádiz, a unit from our Independence War 1808-1813, but I couldn't get a credible human face and I decided to mutate him into a bandit creature. The legendary Orcs Bandoleros. They were very famous in XIX century in southern Spain because they not only ransacked the rich but they ate them after.

May it is not very well, but the orc anatomy is not my forte.

Well I hope you like, here you are the process:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Chris Mortimer likes this.
  2. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    That's looking good mate. Don't be hard on yourself. There's some real nice sculpting going on there. Very smooth surfaces, something I struggle with. Nice use of different textures. Keep posting pictures. Cant wait to see it finished
  3. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    Thanks Chris.

To smooth surfaces is an old battle that I not always win, fortunately the quality of the pictures conceals a lot of things.:whistle:
    It is finished in fact. I have the doubt to add it a hat and a hand holding a "trabuco" (blunderbuss???), is a small fire gun, but I don´t know.
  4. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    The other day I finally dusted off the silicone and the resin and began to make several copies to my little tough guy. I also wanted to try a way to make bases that I thought walking along the Cádiz beach, seeing rock fragments detached from the concrete blocks that there are for protection of shore. Many of these stones have several flat sides and I thought it might be a pretty original pedestals for busts. After, each time I've ever encountered a boulder with proper form, has finished in my pocket, increasing my reputation of mad between family and friends.

I did the mould quite flexible and one piece to avoid joints, the problem is that deforms when you put the resin inside. The upside is you can play with it while it hardens ,you can get different shapes with the same bust, fatter or slimmer orc depending if you push the mold or limit the deformation.

The pedestal has no mystery, you need a proper stone and with a drill for stone, water and patience will make a slit. Then I used brass tubing to link the figure to stone. Well, nice and cheap.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    fanai and Eludia like this.