1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Opti Visor and Quasar lighting system

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by MrBMB, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

Opti Visor and Quasar lighting system

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Wouldn't be without mine , never used the lighting though

Thanks

Nap
  3. lancer115 Active Member

Ireland
    Opti visor a very essential item in my tool box, I could work without it.....
  4. chailey Active Member

England
    Had mine for years but it doesn't incorporate a light, it's absolutely indispensable!

Steve
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    60 Australian is about $44 right now. That's about middle of the pack right now for the original brand by Donegal Optics, if you do a search. I've seen some at $75, and others as low as $20.

I got a knockoff model years ago for $10 at Historicon, after my close-up focus deteriorated over the years. And when I first used it, I immediately wished I'd bought one five years before that. And now, I wish I had bought the lighted model. Even though I have good bench lighting, it would really help to have illumination along my line of sight to the work. I remember, too, that the vendor who sold me mine, had a model with a light mounted on the side of the visor, for $15. Penny wise, pound foolish!

Prost!
    Brad
  6. MrBMB A Fixture

I can tell you now, I had my Opti Visor for about ten years and as most of you I am sure, I have fiddled around with bench light and 2 lamps or three all that stuff. I have good lamp lighting but I can tell you when I put these lights on, I went WOW. It's like when you first put on a Opti Visor, you go WOW well this is double WOW WOW :)
    I was very impressed......................all I hope is the lights last a long time (y)