1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Only the best for the ladies !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey there , Had this on the bench for a while trying to assemble the awful stool, and in the end gave up and made a new one out of solid silver ! I new being a Jeweler would eventually pay off . The stool in the kit is the normal soft metal ,which is probably the worst material to make it out of , prob why I have never seen this figure painted up on the web, except for the box art . Anyway does it look right ? I am going for the retro 50s look . Cheers Ne cold staw 1.jpg cold straw 2.jpg cold straw 3.jpg il.
    Mike S., Captain Lol, jerry and 11 others like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    That looks awesome!
    Now that you've solved the stool, I'd like to see some colour on this figure.
    Great pin-up.

Colin
    Mariobusta likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    What he said....Colin 2
    Mariobusta likes this.
  4. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Colin , I think its gonna be tricky painting that white top , but at least I don't have to paint the chrome !
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    that chrome will certainly stand out when this is painted.

cheers Zane
  6. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's a very nice looking stool .........which sounds very, very wrong btw (y)

I too am looking forward to seeing her painted up.

Cheers,
    Billy
    housecarl likes this.
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    I like ice cream ;)
  8. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I hope you will chain that down when you displayit at the shows :), it really looks the part & will compliment the figure when painted, Kudos to you.(y)
    Mark D ;)
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Brilliant mate!

That craftsmanship came in handy eh & can't help feel polishing up the little lady would be a nice option instead of paint

Look forward to seeing if you decide on Hokey Pokey ;-)

Stay safe
    Mike
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    The chairs in these kits are terrible. When I painted the one of the nude girl with a painting beside her I had to remake the chair from nails. I look forward to your progress.
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Being a jeweller comes in handy sometimes!!!!! I have used silver to remake quite a few things in the past. Nice work I must say
    Ben
  12. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    The scene is greatly improved with the change, I think. Awaiting the progress!
    Javier
  13. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice work! That stool is straight out of a 1950s diner - heaps better than the original.
    Look forward to seeing her painted up!