1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Old Cyclops

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by AKBSculpting, Apr 20, 2017.

1. AKBSculpting New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,

New to the forums and this is my first post. Just restarted sculpting after an extended break and experimenting with a larger scale.

This guy is about 1/6 scale with the face measuring in at just less the 40mm in height.Still just establishing forms and plating with wrinkles to get a sense of character. Any comments, good or bad, welcome. Would really like to push myself on this one.

OI000065-01.jpeg
    Scotty, Borek, franck edet and 2 others like this.
  2. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Looks interresting. Due to the scale, it still wants some smoothing and softening, but I like it. The profile is interesting. Perhaps the eye is too "bulging". Maybe it was an intention, but I think it's a sculpture weakness. But that's just personal taste.

Cheers Borek :)
  3. AKBSculpting New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback Borek.
    I agree on all points. Am working on creating more support on the eye and will be smoothing once I'm happy with all the forms.

Artur
    Borek likes this.
  4. AKBSculpting New Member

United-Kingdom
    So things have moved on a bit. Any input appreciated.

Attached Files:

Borek likes this.
  5. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    I think it looks a lot better with the small trim of the eye. Nice ... Deformation of the skin around his mouth I like ... Good work ...

Cheers Borek