1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oil mix's for winter clothes

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Rodney Cross, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Rodney Cross New Member

Hi guys pretty new to the figure scene and really like oils. I just purchased 3 Heer winter Tiger crews in 1/35 for a model I'm doing. They're from TAHK "German tankers" Winter 1942-1945. What oils/mixes of oils do I need to achieve base colour, high points and shadows for white winter cam? Are there any articles on this and how to paint the insides of the white coat, boots etc, using oils or enamels? Any help would be greatly apreciated

Regards

Rodney
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What are you thinking? Camo top, with white trouser? or the reverse! However @ 1/35th, you have cut yourself a real challenge!:eek:

Regards,

Mark
  3. Rodney Cross New Member

The pictures on the box show all white uniform, I think that maybe one with white top and trousers and one with white top and Field gray Pants
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What paint range do you prefer? Are you using 'Enamels, or pure 'Oil Paint',?

Mark
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    A bit on it here Rodney. (y)
  6. Rodney Cross New Member

I'm willing to try a mixture of both oils and enamels mark.
  7. Rodney Cross New Member

Thanks for that link mate