1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP officer of the Regimiento de Pardos y morenos del Rio de la plata

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello Planeteers,
    Here's a different subject from my usual French Army of the American war of Independence.
    I have been wanted to do this project for a while, a some kind of forgotten part of the History a little bit neglected by some historians and somewhat forgotten in the miniature world.
    I wanted to work on some of the regiments from my country of born, Argentina.
    A brief History
    The regiment was composed of pardos ( naturals, indigenous) and morenos( free black and former slaves).
    This regiment was formed based on Miltia's units from spain, after the first British invasion of Buenos Aires in 1806, another invasion was a year later.This unit was organized to help on the defense of the viceroyalty of Rio de la plata which at the time included Argentina, Uruguay and other regions.
    After the Revolution of May 1810 from Spain, the unit was upgraded to a Regiment.
    i've use the body and legs of a 60mm Modeles et Allures that i had sitting on my bench, did a lot of sanding and shavings.
    the head is from JMD and the hat is a Tarleton that i bought from VID soldiers( Miniwelt).
    i've used my favorite mix of magic sculp and greenstuff.
    still lots of work ahead.
    cheers
    downloadfile-2.jpeg View attachment 171718 20140929_202118.jpg 20140929_202044.jpg 20140929_202118.jpg 20140929_202101.jpg downloadfile-2.jpeg 20140929_202118.jpg 20140929_202044.jpg 20140929_202118.jpg
    Oda, Viking Bob, peedee and 15 others like this.
  2. jhonnsanchez Member

Que bonita ye esta quedadando tu figura .. muy original .Es verdad existen pocas figuras dedicadas a la historia de la Independencia de latinoamerica .

saludos desde colombia
    peedee and MarquisMini like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great subject choice Daniel, looking forward to following your progress with this. (y)

Roger.
    Oda, peedee and MarquisMini like this.
  4. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Have just read a book about the 1806 river Plate invasion. Very interesting.

Great start with the figure,looking forward to his progress.

Peter.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good start on this.

marc
  6. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    It's really interesting and a great start.

Un saludo.
    Fer
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Daniel,
    RED uniform.......are you OK? You do not do red!!!
    Seriously, this is a great conversion and looks as though you have it in the bag.
    Should be a very nice piece, following closely.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I'm also following closely this very interesting subject/project. Very good start.

Xenofon
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Muchas gracias john, la verdad que seria bueno ver mas de la historia de latinoamerica por aca.
    Saludos
    peedee likes this.
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks my friend, i feel like this figure will test my sculting abilities whick i suck at.
    All i've done in the past was little mods here and there but this fig brings more garments to work on.
    Thanks for passing by :)
    peedee likes this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

thanks Peter, there are a lot of interesting books and museums that have unique pieces of that era in Latinamerica.
    thanks for watching.

cheers
    peedee likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks Marc :)
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    gracias Fer!
    Saludos
    peedee likes this.
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Lol yes, i am ok....for now until i start painting RED :-s
    I will try to do a good job at it.
    Thanks for your always great support Keith.
    Best regards
    peedee and Wings5797 like this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks for watching :)
    Regards
    peedee likes this.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Daniel, where is the colour plate from and who is the artist? I think you've found a gap in my library of military uniform books. :D

Roger.
  17. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    I agree, please Daniel tell us, I have some information about the Royalist, but practically nothing about the South American uniforms.

"Aquí, en el otro lado del charco, no he encontrado prácticamente nada, y es una pena porque es un tema que me interesa bastante."

Un saludo
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    peedee likes this.
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Fer, i've also posted this thread quite sometime ago i. The uniformology section of PF:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/uniforms-of-argentinas-independence.46610/

Un gran saludo
    peedee likes this.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Daniel. I even commented on your other thread and forgot all about it... well it was two years ago. :D
    I never did find those flats but now I've a better idea. ;)
    Roger.