1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Officer of Line Grenadiers 1806

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Mar 19, 2016.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Having seen quite a few nice Napoleonics on here recently I felt inspired so I found a suitable 54mm Metal Modeles candidate in the cabinet that was painted years ago and into the Dettol it went.

This is where I am after a couple of days.

IMG_3355.JPG
  2. JonH Active Member

That's a great start Roger.
    Looking forward to seeing this.
    Jon
    billyturnip likes this.
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

A good start Roger. Given your high level of productivity I exepct you'll finish this chap before Easter is over.

Cheers

Huw
    billyturnip likes this.
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ahaaaaaaaah a proper soldier !!!!!

Well done Roger a nice start already. Are you painting him in the normal blue uniform or in the white or perhaps as a 'foreign' regiment ?

Paul.
    billyturnip likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Jon. I'm not sure how quick progress will be, it's a kind of nostalgic trip down memory lane at the same time as my flat projects.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Huw. I'm back to work at the end of this week so not sure about finishing it in that time.
    Huw63 likes this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Paul. It didn't cross my mind to paint it anything other than blue..... despite commenting on Edward's recent Egyptian campaign figure.
    Now you've done it. :confused:
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a great start Roger, I have a few un-painted at the moment and as soon as I have finished the current project, I will be back onto them.
    As peedee says go for something a little different.
    Like what your doing.
    peedee and billyturnip like this.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Bob, whatever I do it's going to be different.... for me anyway. :D
  10. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I only know your work from the flatties and it's nice to see one in the round. Great start, as I'd expect of you.

Jeff
    billyturnip likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Jeff.
    My interest in figure painting began with round Napoleonics about 1992. My main interest will remain with flats but I have been inspired by the Napoleonic figures which have been posted on here recently and was curious what kind of job I could do with one all these years later.
    Strangely enough I haven't painted that many Napoleonic flats... that soon may change. ;)
    Tonton likes this.
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

I'd love to see you do a set of cuirassiers and a set of carabiniers. That would be a sight!

Cheers

Huw
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

These too would be most interesting to see how you tackle them. Good practice for doing... some heavies ;-)

Cheers

Huw
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

You do of course realise the more you go on about French Napoleonic heavy cavalry I'll eventually give way. :D
    Huw63 likes this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Now that I know persistence is the key.... Beware
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

:ROFLMAO: I'm looking now, I've got the breaking strain of a soggy KitKat.
    Huw63 likes this.
  18. Huw63 A Fixture

I've just had another look at the link. Really interesting stuff there and I hadn't realised that there are many based on Rousselot drawings. Incredible.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

Huw - a man who can resist everything apart from temptation.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Have you seen these!
    http://www.figurines-soldats.com/des40_jpg_view.htm

:love::love::love:
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    [quote="Huw63, post: 798118, member: 7336"I hadn't realised that there are many based on Rousselot drawings. [/quote]

Better than that Huw, he did the drawings for the flats.