1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Officer Gyulai Regt. 1762

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jan 30, 2012.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A 5mm Fredericus Rex flat of a Hungarian Officer of the Seven Years war period.

Roger.

Attached Files:

tbolt7, John Bowery, Sambaman and 3 others like this.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Eduardo, is this better?

Roger.

Attached Files:

itsonlyakit, theBaron and Black Army like this.
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you very much, Roger. Now I can see better the braids and laces, very clean painting. I like the orientation of the look of him. Also, PF system allows you to upload pictures of this size so, why not use it?:)

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  5. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Nice work Roger! (y)
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nicely done Roger-quite an army you are assembling(y)
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    You're welcome Eduardo, I now realise what a difficult job Daniel "MarquisMini" has undertaken with all those white uniforms he's doing. :eek:

Thank you Balazs, it would be nice to do some more 18th Cent. Hungarians. :)

Cheers Keith, at least they don't need feeding. :D

Roger.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done, Roger! I just saw your post over at HZ, too. Did you apply Hendryk's suggestion about the highlights on the photo's left/figure's right side? They look subtler in this photos, very good!
    I have a couple of fully-round figures that I'm painting as members of the Gyulai regiment, or maybe Erzherzog-Ferdinand. From my sources, it seems that both regiments had the same color scheme, and the most visible difference was that Gyulai's rank-and-file carried Säbeltaschen.
    Prost!
    Brad
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Brad.
    Although Hendryk's intentions are good and I appreciate his critique what I'm seeing here in front of me is a little different to what you see in the photo's so I left it alone. The photo's here are the same ones I posted at HZ, just goes to show.
    I would agree though it could be better and I need more practice on white uniforms. :)

Looking forward to seeing your figs sometime. Looks like from my Osprey you're right aout the Säbeltaschen for Erzherzog-Ferdinand. (y)

Roger.
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger excellent painting and great work on the whites . Even better if it's only 5mm :eek::unsure:
    Cheers Ken
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another stunning flat Roger.
    Like what you have done with it.

marc
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Marc. (y)
  14. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wonderful work Roger ( king of the flats), as Ken stated the whites are great, but I also think the blues are brilliantly done.

What's next?:D
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Dave, I'm still surveying the horde to decide on what's next. :D

Roger.
  16. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for clarifying, Roger, in that case, double-well done! It looks better here on the Planet.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Brad, I have some 30mm Austrians I'm plucking up the courage to start but they'll have to wait until next leave.

Roger.