1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Officer "Empress Dragoon" 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tim Stevens, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dug this out of MM web site for ref dsgi3.jpg not an officer but the same will apply

Ron
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

Good spot Ron. FYI MM also a Guard Dragoon Officer on foot under their value range and he also has the missing aiquelette.

Cheers

Huw
  3. Tim Stevens Member

England
    Thanks to all for the comments. Helps to keep the mojo bubbling.

Ron, many thanks for the input and picture. Have added and will provide picture update in due course.

Tim
  4. Hello Tim, this looks stunning and really pleased you posted, it is also only the second we have seen painted. Inside the kit there should have been a small length of wire to add the missing aigulette loop, this was better than casting it on so it can hang away from the body. If you don't have any please message and we will send some.
    Thank you and top work
    CGS
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

I wish all manufacturers in all areas offered such wonderful customer service. Well done!

As for the bust - it's getting better and better!

Cheers

Huw
  6. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow awesome progress really glad you posted this . Off the topic question how does the vallejo compare to the js js is really hard to get in the states.
  7. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Tim,

Really impressed with your work.

Chris
  8. Tim Stevens Member

England
    Many thanks for the comments and support.

More small progress. Mocked up the sword arrangement, small adjustments required but not bad.

[IMG]

Next up aigulette (?) Only undercoated at present.

Not to bad -

[IMG]

[IMG]

Looks like a little work required on the right eye. Looking a little square me thinks!

More soon.

Tim
    ChaosCossack and Perseas like this.
  9. Tim Stevens Member

England
    Good evening,

Quick update. Left hand fixed, right hand "tacked" in place so that I can work out any adjustments required. Scabbard etc got some colour, sword slings in progress. That means construction close to the finish, then just need to pull it all together with the hairy brush.

[IMG]

More soon,

Tim
    samson, Mike Stevens and ChaosCossack like this.
  10. Tim Stevens Member

England
    More slow progress,

[IMG]

[IMG]

Need to sort that aigulette. Keep on squashing it !

[IMG]

Had to do some work with the right hand which resulted in a strip & repaint. Small detail work continues, medal done. Looking to get the right hand finally fixed this week, so that I can get the slings in place and that will conclude construction. Then general tidy up and bring it all together. In other words inching ever sideways to the end piece.

More soon.

Tim
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. Dekiman Well-Known Member

I like it a lot.
    Especialy leopard skin on helmet.
    I would not know how to paint it.
    Cheers
  12. Tim Stevens Member

England
    Good evening,

Think I have reached the end with this. Need to sort a base etc, but the construction and painting stages are essentially over.

This will now be set to one side to settle, and revisited in a few weeks with a refreshed eye to sort out any problems.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have really enjoyed this and just hope I have done it justice.

Tim
    Eludia, ChaosCossack, Huw63 and 2 others like this.
  13. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia

You certainly have. It is beautifully done. Congratulations.

Chris
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice work. Very crisp and clean brush work. Details all very well done.

Look forward too seeing him based and finalized.

Colin