1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Officer de Berry regiment 1757-60

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Sep 25, 2013.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I have just made a start on another 54mm flat from Fredericus Rex. It is based on this illustration from,
    Military Uniforms in Canada, 1665-1970 by Jack L. Summers and Rene Chartrand (Ottawa: Canadian War Museum, 1981)

Officer of Regiment de Berry with the Regimental Colour..PNG

z-101_shop.jpg

The fig. was primed with grey car spray primer and given three or four very thin coats of Vallejo white acrylic.

The flesh tones were painted using this mix.
    Flesh tone..jpg

Plus a couple of spots of Burnt Umber for the eyes. The results so far.

PICT0167.JPG

PICT0168.JPG
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice start Roger, this one will be another beauty.

Pedro.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Pedro.
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Super figure Roger,
    I like the colours in the illustration and your flesh pallet. Will you continue with this mix recipe throughout your SBS?..... please.
    Nice start, following closely.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Keith, I'll try to keep up with the recipes and techniques but be warned... I'm easily distracted. :D

Roger.
  6. Dennis Active Member

England
    Hi Roger, great start, looking forward to seeing this one, hopefully soon.
    Dennis
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Dennis. I've got a dozen 30's and Leopold von Dessau underway at the moment as well but I'll try not to keep you waiting too long. :D

Roger.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Great start on a beautiful figure. I actually have that book sitting on the shelf.
    Will be following with interest as usual... I'm really starting to dig these flats(y)

Colin
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Colin. The Fredericus Rex range of 54mm figures is a good place to start if you want to give flats a try.

Roger.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Gaiters and hat painted with a base of Lamp Black, shaded with Lamp Black + Prussian Blue. Highlighted with a tiny speck of Naples Yellow and lightened gradually with Titanium White.
    Gold braid on tricorn given a base coat of Yellow Ochre.

Roger.

PICT0182.JPG
    ChaosCossack and Wings5797 like this.
  11. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Coming along nicely Roger.
    The colours in your black gaiter mix work really well and the face looks really good for having the tricorn painted up.
    It's good to see the ochre base coat for the gold lace, this works well as the middle of the gold lace colors.
    Nice progress,
    Keith
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Keith. The faces always look much better for having the surrounding areas painted.

Roger.
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great start Roger and good to see your colour mixes, might have to get myself some oils at Telford.

Cheers Ken
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I like that with the grey and white.
    Did you airbrushed the Vallejo white or with a brush???
    I have washed my flat (the quadri concept) with a dark grey to bring out the details. For following the light I draw an arrow behind the figure. But with this white it is more vissible.

Marc
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ken. Go for it, I found them a bit tricky at first but it doesn't take long to get the hang of them.

Roger.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Marc, I brushed the white on in very thin coats, as you can see the grey primer is still visible.

Roger.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Next step.
    Cuffs & waistcoat given a coat of Cadmium Red. Cuff buttons Burnt Umber. Gold lace on waistcoat, same colours and technique as hat lace.
    Coat given a base coat of a mix of Burnt Umber + French Aquamarine + White.
    Roger.

PICT0184.JPG
    ChaosCossack and Richie like this.
  18. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks good
    Man, you really fly through these guys

Colin
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Colin. There's quite a way to go yet but on the other hand it's only a flat piece of metal. ;)

Roger.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Great progress roger, I love the colors on this guy and I think you have a great base color for the white.
    Cheers