1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP NZer in Italy, 30Cal Gunner WW2.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 19, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Yet another start but there is method in my madness.This figure will depict an Nzer or other Allied in WW2 Italy in the 150mm scale which is about 1/12.
    Not happy with the angle of the right leg in the last photo ,will have to adjust .
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Mike S. likes this.
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Mate! Especially love the impish smile on this guy. Agree about the legs, they look a little like he is moving forward & need some reworking to show the casualness you're after.
  3. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Andy very nice start, I too love his expression, but I dont think the pose reflects the weight of the 30cal enough, perhaps being wip you still have some options. also it may be the pics but the helmet looks a little small.
  4. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Am adjusting legs,will post later.
    Andy
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great face Andy.
    Carl.(y)
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The legs have been adjusted and the left forarm added.I think a sense of weight has been added to the conversion.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    That's more like it mate & am sure as you start to clothe him things should start to settle.
    From where I sit still see left leg/foot looks awkward pose, just tried some 'testing' myself & wondering if weight is transferred directly onto light leg that this leg is more loose & not as bent?

How about Les's comment ref helmet being too small - looks OK from rear right shot but unsure about front shots, could be the hair making it appear smaller perhaps?

For your consideration.

Mike
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Mike ,Les,
    I have made a second helmet slightly bigger in diameter.The hair does tend to made the first helmet smaller from certain angles as some veiws arn,t flattering to the pose of the figure.
    Andy
  9. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi andy, thats looking much better. a second helmet sounds the ticket. look forward to more progress. les
  10. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    the left foot has been adjusted ,it should look more in line with the leg.A slightly bigger helmet has been added.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    That's looking better mate, nice progress here. Only recommendation is the helmet or head have the helmet lining band included. This will help fill the gap as well as ensure a snug fit.

Have you decided to do him in winter or summer?
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Mike,
    I would like to model him in Summer uniform as gives a bit more scope for the folds and creases,will see.
    Cheers
    Andy