1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

NZ Armed Constabulary 1869

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, May 7, 2005.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,This is my figure ,representing The NZ armed constabulary of the New Zealand Wars of the 1860s.The figure is carring a Calisher & Terry breech loading carbine and is in campaign shawl dress or (rapaki) a mode of clothing copied from the Maori and very suitable for the crossing of streams and rivers in the Forests and mountains of New Zealand.Hope you like him.Regards John ;)
    [IMG]
  2. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
  3. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely stuff John...the face is really excellent with loads of character..and a great overall subject too.
    I love the bottom edge of the (kind of) kilt....very authentic and accurate from what I've seen.

All the best...Roy.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful figure John............as Roy said........lots of character in his face.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey John, beautiful work, as usual.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  6. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Hi John,
    Beautiful work, nice paint job , and pose, it's an unusual subject.
    Keep up the good work.
    Pascal
    My Website
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    ;) Great figure, John. Beautifully sculpted and painted. A great pursuit pose with equipment flying all about. But for me the face makes this one...strength of conviction, determination, not exactly anger but he looks like when he catches them, someone's going to pay for putting him in a bad mood.

all the best,
    Dan
  8. nagashino New Member

Hi John

A beautiful piece from a none-too-well covered era. I echo Dan's remarks on the face - there's a whole load of history there.

Any plans to do a toa?

Best regards

Phil
  9. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi mate. good to see the wee man again, been going through Tim,s book more should be done from our history.Great looking mixture of dress..
    catch ya mate Phil...
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME WORK,John (y) (y) (y) !!! Well Done!
    Kenneth.
  11. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi John,
    Another great piece! You have chosen an interesting subject, one not seen around here. Great antimation, convincing pose, super paint job, and as said by others, a most intriguing face, full of character. Very nice groundwork also. Thanks for sharing, your work is an inspriation.
    Pete
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Oi - Phil:
    What's a toa? And why would we want to see John complete a figure of one? You've piqued my ignorant colonist curiousity.

all the best,
    Dan
  13. nagashino New Member

Hi Dan

I understand "toa" is the Maori word for a warrior. I'm not taking any credit/blame for it - my cousin is married to a Kiwi (over here at the moment) and he's mildly model orientated, and he mentioned it when I brought up the subject of John's excellent work.

I would think it's likely John's done one already - I reckon he's got a whole barrel of goodies down there we haven't seen yet. What say you John? :lol:

Cheers

Phil
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Phil,

This is a nice piece of work. Great.
    I love the way you did the kilt.

Marc
  15. callum Member

Great work John, what other figures do you have hidden away? :lol:

Regards Callum.
  16. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys.Thanks for the positive remarks on my figure.I am working on another NZ figure at the moment.I will post some photos soon,and I have a Maori warrior on the drawing board.Kind regards John ;)
  17. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Hello John,

Your constabulary looks great (y). Just wish I knew more about the subject to add to what have already been said.

But I'm DEFINITIVELY keeping an eye on your upcoming Maori warrior.

Keep on rolling ;)

All the best,
    Q. :)
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Great job on the figure, love that "campaign" look.~Gary
  19. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi mate, good to see your into your Maori, liked the wee bloke you show me hows he coming. what between you and Rod Alison you,ve made me feel guilty, so I,ve started a armed constabulary bloke 75mm, its got the juices flowing again..
    cheers man PHIL.. YES mate love to see the old guy up in lights....