1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nutsplanet Viking Shieldmaiden 1/10

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bigmick, May 22, 2015.

1. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gaudin, I know what you mean, the head must have been resculpted after the prototype and box art was done, I bought it because I'd already had the Viking Berserk, it looked nothing like Katheryn Winnick, this cast has elements of her face, Charlize Theron, Scarlett Johannsen and Tricia Helfer (a lot of studying involved and am a massive sci fi geek).
    If you look at other Nuts Planet sculpts they are the spits of the actors, 101st Airborne figure IS Damion Lewis portraying Dick Winters in BoB, the spare head with the mohawk looks like Robert DeNiro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver, Lord of Lions IS Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones, Claus Von Staffenberg IS Tom Cruise, 1:1 scale as well lol
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  3. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well, apologies time.
    I had intended to add a few more WIP pictures, but everything went apace, I managed a couple of hours yesterday and another couple today with the aid of serious medication, so knuckled down and here are the results.
    She is finished.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I forgot to add a wash to the front of the shield, I'll correct that tomorrow.
    If anyone wishes I'll also add the processes involved in simulating the leather for those of you that use Vallejo, it'll work with any paints as long as you match the colours, I adhered to the included instructions and was very happy with the results, the wood and leather set lets you recreate light, dark and red leather effects using base colours, two highlight colours and washes.

A few detail shots.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I hope you have all enjoyed this WIP and some of what I've done has been of use to others.

Many many many thanks for all you kind words and comments, believe me that are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Mick.

Well now she's done I wonder what I can do next.
    Oh yeah. [IMG]
    [IMG]

WIP starts tomorrow.[IMG]
  4. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice conclusion Mick and great SBS. I look forward to the next one (y)

Although I'm not an acrylics man, I'm always impressed at what can be achieved with the medium. My efforts were much less impressive so I took the easy option and switched to oils ;)
  5. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Billy...
    Thank you, it really was a nice kit to do, I've ordered a couple more of the Nuts Planet range, I hope I didn't say that out loud as the missus will kill me, there's 4 in the to do pile now, and funny you should mention oils, I was in Hobbycraft last week and they have a Windsor and Newton oil paint starter set, 24 x 12ml tubes of paint for £15, seemed rude not to buy it for that price, so I might even have a go at oils one day.
    Uschi Van Der Rosten produce an oil paint accellerator called Blitz Dry, oil paints dry within a couple of hours but can be reworked with a brush dampened with thinners, sounds like a good idea for someone like me who was clock watching when I painted the bow on my Medusa, 5 days to dry, DRY FASTER lol
  6. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
  7. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Looking great Mick!
  8. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    On her custom made base from Bespoke Bases, big thank you to Michael for getting them done in time for Avon.[IMG]

Regards.

Mick.
  9. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Had a result, a bit gobsmacked really.
    [IMG]

Regards.

Mick.
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well deserved. End of story :)
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have got in late on this one, fantastic painting and a well derserved medal too. The woodwork on the shield is amazing.
    well done. (y)
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Mick, congratulations on your well-deserved gold (y)
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Mick,

Congrats on the well deserved award , love that leatherwork , nice fleshtones as well a a great bit of painting on the shield....wood and design.

Looking forward to seeing the next cracking paint from you

Nap