Nutsplanet (Korea) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Rohmann, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Title: Call Sign Goshawk
    Scale: 75 mm
    Resin
    Sculptor: Joo Heum Yoon
    Number: T75017

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

------------------------------------

Title: Chieftain Dralk
    Scale: 1:10
    Resin
    Sculptor: Jun-Sik Ahn
    Number: NPB031

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    pokrad, Tom W., oldtrousers and 7 others like this.
  2. Mariobusta Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    WOW ! Both awesome !
  3. MrBMB Well-Known Member

Australia
    She needs a Lara Croft head and that would make my day :)
    [IMG]
  4. Old johnny PlanetFigure Supporter

It’s seems digital overkill. Where is sculpting going? It’s all excessive made up detail as though each maker is trying to outdo the others with added stuff..that really detracts from the art ..the second piece is way better..
  5. bogusman53 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I have to agree with Old Johnny, it's really overkill and there's not much character here, however the 2nd (bust) is full of character.
  6. TERRYSOMME1916 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Okay, not into the robotic type fantasy stuff but this female subject will paint up beautifully and will be an eye catcher.
    The bust could be left as a fantasy figure or with some slight conversion you could end up with a fierce looking Viking.
    Both great additions to the Nuts Planet range.
    TERRY
  7. Old johnny PlanetFigure Supporter

I like the range and have some..the revolutionary one is a virtual diorama..and I agree will paint well ..but I’ve always felt art best leaves something to the imagination of the viewer, leaves something for the mind to fill in, and for the painter to create something personal..I fear for a direction that becomes a scale model assembly kit, best done with airbrush and detail that either removes attention from the painting or makes the painting so complex that only one or two masters could really hope to have a good result..the chieftain works for me..of course am probably showing old age and lack of imagination
    napoleonpeart likes this.