1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique NSFW - White Speaker

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bailey, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Well, there's no nudity but it's a bit racy, so better safe than sorry. Here's a project that is a little different form the norm...

This is a 54mm figure from a company called Kingdom Death. Most of their stuff is 28mm scale and, shall we say, very unique. Their setting is a nightmare world where humans are at the bottom of the food chain. This is one of the characters from that world. She is a White Speaker, a member of cult that uses blood magic, so hence my choice of white and red for the color scheme. It was a fun project and gave me a chance to paint a lot of skin. The pose was a bit tricky when it came to creating scenery... but I think what I came up with fits with a world where there is little if any civilization.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Russ5281, gforceman, arxo and 4 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very subtle flesh.
    Nice piece,
    Carl.(y)
  3. swralph A Fixture

4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    excellent work sir. Is this the one where you made the columns from plaster and a straw?
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Like it, only the trees are little bit IMHO disturbing or inappropriate. The flesh colours are great
  6. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, yeah, I took one of those larger diameter straws (if you've got a place they sells smoothies they should have some) and filled it with plaster. I probably built the base about a year ago (yes, I procrastinated quite a while before finishing this one), so there are a number of things I'd do a little differently today. I wanted a few trees to hint that this was some ancient crumbling temple surrounded by a dark forest. Now, how to do "good" trees... well, that's something I'm still working on.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic work on the fleshtones... very smooth transitions.

Nice scene... simple and effective.

Colin
  8. arxo Active Member

Greece
    The skin is outstanding...one of the smoothest! Excellent!
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great skintone's, and a very good setting.

marc
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work , as said already super flesh tones. one point though what size of straws do you guys have :)

Ron
  11. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely great work on these flesh tones.
    Painting females you need to be totally subtle for the feminine effect and you've nailed this perfectly.
    A really nice piece of work.
    would've been good to see her "Bruce Lees" though.

Great work,

Gells
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Nice paintwork! Very subtle.

Adrian
  13. Clarence1 Member

Canada
    I've seen this in person at the Long Island show. Really well done. It's funny cause I voted this figure for the best of show for Fantasy. The skin tone is really well done and delicate.

Good job!!!

Clarence
    Gatineau, Québec