1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

North Staffs Model Expo, 24th May, 2015

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by valiant, Jan 1, 2015.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - Just to say a huge thank you to all who attended, to all the traders who travelled from far and wide, to the guys in the mobile kitchen who stepped in at the last moment and to all the clubs who made it a great day for us! Cheers lads, couldn't have done it without you all!!

Here's to a follow-up next year!

Piccies to follow, I promise and well done also to Jazz in the comp!!

Steve - bad luck on the catastrophic converter - Ive had to have a cam belt, so no toys for me, either!

(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  2. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hi guys,

This show was a little beaut. With something for everyone. There were figure modellers, plane enthusiasts, armour modellers, and wargamers. There were some great exhibition stands and good trade stands. My favourite being a figure and bust modeller was of course Mitches models who were a great couple of guys with a fantastic selection of kits. I will certainly be buying some more from them soon. I met up with some old friends and a few new ones, including Pee Dee, thanks for the flesh painting tips Paul, Tecumsah, and Valiant. Special thanks to you Steve for putting on a great show. Its never easy organizing a show. There was a nice little competition which I always love to take part in. I took my usual quota of figures and busts - 10 in all (There's safety in numbers) and I came away with a couple of firsts, which is always nice. It was really good to see the old Meir Model Club doing their thing again after a few years away. We've missed you - Welcome back.

PS. I am currently trying to put some photos on of the show. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Best to you all out there. John Scott (Jazz)
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Jazz,

Sounds like you had a good time well done on the awards

Can't see pictures coming up error??

Nap
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Noticed that Kev.. Ive just altered the text and trying to put tyhe photos on a new thread.
  5. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Ive tried putting the photos on twice. No luck I'm afraid. Just shows up as an attachment and then comes up as an error. Shame..They are good pictures.
  6. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I think I'm putting too many photos on one thread. I will try again tomorrow with fewer pics.
  7. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Here goes again. I shall only put a few photos on at a time so hopefully this will work

Cimg6004.jpg Cimg6005.jpg

Cimg6006.jpg Cimg6007.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Well that seems to work better. Please let me know if its working your end. Here's a few more pics.

Cimg6008.jpg Cimg6009.jpg
    Cimg6012.jpg Cimg6013.jpg
    Cimg6014.jpg Cimg6015.jpg This WW1 tank took first prize in the diarama class.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  9. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Cimg6016.jpg As the sign says, this lovely aeroplane took Best In Show.

Cimg6019.jpg Cimg6025.jpg These were some of my purchases from Mitches Models.

Cimg6026.jpg And I just couldn't resist this one as it looks a bit like me in my younger days. So there may be a self portrait bust on the horizon. Thanks for looking.
    offo and garyhiggins like this.
  10. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Looks like a great show, thanks for putting up the pics.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Jazz likes this.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers for your pics, Jazz - our "press officer"(!) has yet to email me his pics, but I promise they will be on here as soon as I get them! I personally, had little time to take pics, as I was running about like a proverbial.......!

(y)
    Jazz and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Glad you enjoyed the show and all went well.

Jazz,
    Pics God mate ( I see that Top hatted Dracula bust in the background..tease!)

Steve,

Running around eh!...like a poverbial .......getting my running shoes shoes ready for Bugle Call on the 27th June ..new date in summer so my shorts might come with me!

Love the BOS plane fine bit of modelling ..oh and of course the busts,!

Happy modelling to everyone

Nap
    Jazz likes this.
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nap in shorts. Now that thought has just put me off my breakfast!!