1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Normandy coast.D-Day 6th June 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by SRP, Jan 26, 2011.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I've posted this on V/Bench as it is not exactly a SBS...just a few photo's I took along the way.
    For this idea I just wanted a little of the bunker showing..so it was made up from a few lumps of styrene I cut from some packaging.
    After gluing it to the base..I marked out the stonework which was then covered in a layer of plaster.
    The bank was made built up out of modeling clay and while it was still wet...garden moss and commercial grasses were pressed into it. These were intentionally too long for the scene...as I intended to trim them down with scissors later.
    Bits of wire were added for the ladder rungs..then the whole lot was sprayed greys and a variety of greens...the sand being dry brushed on when dry.
    The figure was test fitted...and all accessories were painted and fixed to the base.

I made the back ground picture up of the invasion fleet on the horizon...
    ..the soldier is out of sight and oblivious to what is about to happen...and wondering what his dog is barking at..maybe he's just seen another rabbit......or...........
    54mm...Acrylic.
    Steve.

Attached Files:

2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    you have a real talent for sowing single figure of to their best mate and your figure painting and groundwork are both excellent let alone your ability to add the right backdrop, looks fantastic with that invasion fleet looming in the background.

really like what you have done here and would love to see some of your work in the flesh to fully appreciate it.

Steve
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Ping up the Atlantic wall.
    Love it,
    Carl.
  4. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi SRP,

that is really cooool !!! The figure and the setup ist first rate !!

I just had to laugh, when I saw the pic with the ships and the planes in the background of the soldier doing his "job"...!!!

BRAVO !
  5. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all for the nice comments..
    Steve
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, a great idea for a vignette and brilliantly executed. (y)

Cheers Ken
  7. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Just beautiful Steve. Both concept and excecution.
  8. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Excellent work, Steve! Just love it!
    Eddy
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    BEAUTIFULL

Like it, Love it......human nature is the boss, even in combat.

Marc
  10. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I suppose when you gotta go you gotta go..!!! Thanks all for the comments
  11. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I love it Steve
    Sam
  12. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Well done, great idea, great execution and a great story all in one little package. Everything a vignette should be. I can even picture the next scene. Him leaning slowly to his right and looking around the corner, to get his own view of what his friend already sees.
    Cheers
    Jason
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Man you can set a scene. This is a really cool piece with a total story being told. The painting is top notch but the ground work is beyond stupendous.
  14. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Absolutley brilliant idea Steve, love it.

Barrie.
  15. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nicely done Steve.:)
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very cool Steve.
  17. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Steve, dig the backdrop! (y)
  18. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very clever Steve - like it very much.
  19. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow....wish I had thought about that Idea Jason when I was converting the figure...I think that pose would have been far better...........I wonder if the glue has set yet..?
    Steve.
  20. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hello my friend Steve
    Amazing and original issue
    I think the talent in your ALL SET UP is unique as is your talent in photoshop to match the miniatures you with the corresponding background is unique
    Excellent!!!

Alexandros
    http://alexminiatures.blogspot.com/