1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News Romeo Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    Referencia: 54-99
    Título:Celtic Chieftain III Century B.C
    Escala: 54 mm
    Escultura:Gianni la Rocca
    Pintura: Danilo Cartacci

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Referencia: 54-98
    Título:Royal Marines - Private 1805
    Escultura: Maurizio Bruno
    Pintura: Francesco Sapienza

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Referencia: RM 75-10
    Título:French Musketeer 1618-1625
    Escultura: Maurizio Bruno
    Pintura: Danilo Cartacci

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Attached Files:

Trep, panzervati, Sirrius and 6 others like this.
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    The Marine and Musketeer are a must for me!

Keith
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Man, I love that celtic helmet! I want a bust of that right away! Carl, Yuri, Young....you guys readin' this? I like the celt as a whole, his pose stikes me as a little of what I like to call "JCPenny" though (like a models pose from a catalog). Both of Maurizio's sculpts are spot-on!

Jay H.
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Fantastic releases indeed. I really like the musketeer one...unique and interesting pose!!

Xenofon
  5. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Really like the musketeer!
    I would like to paint one of these.
    By the way, wich one is the diference between a french musqueteer or an italian or spanish one?
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great stuff! Great variety! (y)
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    The musketeer looks very good.

But have or would you tried to fight with such a helmet on the head as the celt is wearing??? Would like to see the source for that kind of helmet

But as I said, the musketeer is great and a temptation for me

Ulrich
  8. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Εxcellent all of them. Great work.
    Only the celtic helmet looks to me a bit weird, like satans head.:D but impressive !!!
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very nice these Pedro all very much worth adding to the present collection.:)
  10. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Is the Musketeer 75mm or 54mm? All nice figs.

Barrie.
  11. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    well one asking oneself from where such artistic license is coming.those crested helmets are all incorrect.there are only four crested helmets known and those seemed to be ritual or funeral items.this poor fellow would get so fast entangled with this hands and shield during an fight with those horns that he either would bruise his arms on them,or simply knocking of his helmet from head.this is mildly said pure nuts.
    i think it will be long untill the fist historic correct celt will appeare.this and all the others is not one.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    All of them are great.
    The Musketeer could be a dutch eather. Another dutch guy (Willem are you reading this) made a 120 mm looking very similar.
    But i'm a big fan of Maurizio Bruno's sculpting...so both are gonna join the grey army till i find the time to paint them.
    And that Celt......Awesome....gonna lay my hands on that soon.

Markus, you can always convert the helmet in something historically correct.

And Mr Cartacci did a great job to bring them a life.

marc
  13. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello mark
    yes the helmet could be reworked against an historic Monterfortino
    then stays only the shieldboss the inlays of bronce in the shield-the claps of the cloak the design of the sword sheet....the sword itself
    well as fantasy item its nice.alas its so incorrect because the talents of the scluptor are first rate.
  14. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    The Musketeer is wonderful, I really like the pose.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That would no problem eather. X-acto knife, sandpaper will do that. Support with some magic sculpt.
    Do you have references for make it correct??
    Looks great for converting this in a historicall correct Celt. I would like to do that.

Marc
  16. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Exceptional and rich in pedigrees!
  17. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello marc
    yes you can use as good reference some of the osprey man at arms series.here you find the correct shaped Montefortino jockey caped shaped helmets in iron later adopted by romans.then you must change the sword blade against and long straight one with double fullers.then you can use the THEISS CATALOGUES from celtic museum exibtions.here one sees the classic fibulas worn at that time.they where sometimes really big-up to 30 cm long- and always in iron for the rich and nobles.
    the armbands are to low.classic ARMBERGEN like they are called where worn following gravefinds high on the upper arm.
    the dagger must go because nearly no celt did wore one.there are only some known and those ANTENNA daggers where from high noble graves.the plaits are surely wrong.there are no reports of plaits nor are any pictural or sculptures show plaits during the depicted time.the dying celt in Louvre paris gives an good idea how the hair was worn..there are reports that celts did wear their hair hort with big handlebar shaped beards,the hair was often stiffened with lime.then you should when you go for an rich celt add an mail shirt in the style like the romans had-adopted by the romans-the shield boss was shaped like an wheat corn or sometimes like an highly stylizised X
    well i think its easier to go complety for scratch.
    cheers
  18. roadking Active Member

United-States
    I checked with Doctor Mike over on MedRom and the Celtic helmet is for real although some of the other equipment is mixed period stuff. These helmets exist but are believed to be ceremonial and not battle material. Tuff to fight in something like that. Mike described a few other odd helmets that were also "decorative". All three figures are nice but I will only buy the Celt as it fits my area of interest. ~Jim
  19. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    well as i said.its believed those helmets where not battle gear.
    well if you do an celt you have to decide what periode
    HALSTATT the earliest one
    or LA TENE
    which is divided in A B C
    this item will not bring out an historic celt.
    but i think its not the aspect.from the aesthetic point,i like the celt.but if one is familar with the real stuff its hard to buy such one.
    no problem at all i firmly beleive it will find many painters and will be popular.
    cheers
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Markus,
    That's alot of info to go after. It's indeed better to start from scratch.
    But I cannot sculpt :eek:

Marc