1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News New Jeff Shiu's Miniatures figures JS120040 - Waffen SS 1941 East front.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Von Bock, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello all,
    Jeff has sent me this info on a new set of figures.
    Resin
    1/16th scale

JS120040 - Waffen SS 1941 East front. This 2 figure set should be ready the end of the month. Jeff hopes you like them. As always Jeff thanks you for your interest in his figures. Happy Holidays to all and a Great New Year. Regards, Brock

Attached Files:

• 1 (2).jpg
      1 (2).jpg
      File size:
      532.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4 (2).jpg
      4 (2).jpg
      File size:
      476.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3 (2).jpg
      3 (2).jpg
      File size:
      497 KB
      Views:
    • 2 (2).jpg
      2 (2).jpg
      File size:
      497.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5 (2).jpg
      5 (2).jpg
      File size:
      503.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      492.9 KB
      Views:
    pmfs, Drenth, Krest063 and 10 others like this.
  2. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    not my area, but I think this will be very popular.Full of action and I love the pose.

regards Zane
    Chris Mortimer likes this.
  3. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Overall its a nice composition. Just wondering if the right arm and hand of the trooper supporting the MG34 gunner is too long ?

I hope the straps are provided as well. (The last time i had to fashion the straps out of construction paper)
  4. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    A great action pose!(y)
    Stefan
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I thought Jeff had been a bit quiet lately. Now we know why. Another fine release from one of the masters of WWII Germans.
  6. offo A Fixture

nice work(y)
  7. Sgt. Red Active Member

8. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Nice composition, Jeff is a wonderfull sculptor!
  9. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Fully agree with previous opinions. It is the next time when Jeff proved that he is a master in 1/16 WW2 Germans subject.

My one small complaint concerns the MG34 gunner. When comparing him to the second figure, in my opinion he looks too static and to calm. Of course it depends how you interpret the scene. I am reading it as depicting two guys in fire of combat, MG34 gunner is firing to some enemies in front of him and in the same time his comrade spots another group of enemies approaching from the left flank. So my suggestion is that MG gunner's face should also express the atmosphere of being in the middle of the battle - shouting mouths or grimace on his face showing fury and high emotions, could add even more dynamism and realism to the whole scene.

Even though what I wrote above, I still find it a wonderful set and I will buy it for sure.

Artur
    JasonB likes this.
  10. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Overall I agree with Artur. Turning the MG gunners head to be glancing at where his friend is pointing would tie them together a bit better as well.
    artur_koszewski likes this.
  11. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Love it. Each time Jeff brings a new figure out I seem to say 'Now this is my favorite' so here I am saying it again. I will however add that I think it will reign as favorite for a long time. (see you all again at the next release posting 'Oh,now this is my favorite' Happy holidays everyone