1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News La Meridiana

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Paco, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    FR54-72
    Glover’s Marblehead Rgt. – 1776
    Sculptor: Giampiero Russo
    Painter: Danilo Cartacci
    Scale: mm 54
    Material: white metal

http://www.meridianaitalia.com/

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
    nelly-samy, DEMOH, Katjuscha and 17 others like this.
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Can't say I ever heard of these dudes, but what the heck, this is a sharp looking figure (y)!

Joe
    Babelfish likes this.
  3. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Col. Glover's regiment of sailors and watermen saved the Continental Army from capture or total defeat by rowing them across the East River to Manhattan under cover of darkness and fog at the height of the Battle of Brooklyn in the summer of 1776. A few months later, they participated in the river crossing that enabled Washington to attach the Hessian garrison at Trenton. Both events were absolutely critical to the continued existence of both the Army as a fighting force, and the new Republic as an entity. Joe, without the efforts of Glover's men, your name would likely be Jose, and English would probably not be your native language! :)
    MarquisMini and Joe55 like this.
  4. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    I like it very much, but not my scale unfortunatly...
    Nice figure nonetheless ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Don for that bit of enlightenment. After my post I looked up Col Glover in one of my books and found that the American Army was being chased by British and Hessian troops, and ....

...."it was a narrow escape, made possible by the skill, bravery, and perseverance of Col. John Glover's Marblehead Regiment, Massachusetts fishermen who manned the boats."

I now feel compelled to do some additional research because I like this story and really like this figure!

Joe
    Don Johnson likes this.
  6. py880528 Member

Great! I like it!:)
  7. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Since I live in Marblehead this one's a must for me! :)

Glover's Regiment is very famous here and there is a group or reenactors who stage events in the Summer. If you are interested here is a link to their website: http://www.gloversregiment.org/

Glover and his men were instrumental in both the retreat from New York and the crossing of the Delaware. They were a key factor in the early part of the war and their actions at New York were an enormous contributing factor in saving the Continental Army from destruction. Marblehead also claims to be the birthplace of the American navy (as do several towns along the coast here) because the first ship commissioned into the Navy on September 2nd, 1775 by Washington was the schooner, 'Hanna' or 'Hannah', captained by a Marblehead man, Nicholas Broughton. See http://www.legendinc.com/Pages/MarbleheadNet/MM/Articles/BirthplaceOfAmericanNavy.html

If you are interested in painting this figure I have posted some photos of Glover's regiment. I have more and if you want any material then let me know and I can make them available.
    Regards,
    Gerry

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Attached Files:

MarquisMini likes this.
  8. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Of course, I should also mention that Marblehead is the home of the famous painting called, "The Spirit of '76"!!
    MarquisMini likes this.