1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News from Pegaso

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by megroot, Aug 28, 2015.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Got these in the mailbox yesterday.
    b2b_PEG_75-115_1.jpg b2b_PEG_75-115_4.jpg
    This Sapper of the Dragoons of the Guard is sculpted by Ebroin and painted by D. Cartacci.

b2b_PEG_75-116_1.jpg
    This Roman Centurion is Sculpted by Carles Vaquero and Painterd by Giorgio Montesano

b2b_PEG_200-055_1.jpg
    This 1:9 Pirate is Sculpted by Viktor Konnov and Painted trough Kirill Kanaev

That Sapper has my full attention.

Marc
    Huw63, debrito, Lasalle and 2 others like this.
  2. Mark S Guest

Any clues to scale Marc?

I'm surprised that Naps, Romans and Pirates still make up the package of new figures these days from Pegaso......they obviously know what sells I guess........could be worse I suppose, they could have included a Templar or Hospitaller.
    thegoodsgt likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice enough, but I'm not doing cartwheels. The Roman could tempt me when the hobby budget permits.

- Steve
    MalcC and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agreed! .. Nothing really new, or eye catching. However at least the 'Pirate', does not have a 'Jurassic', parrot on his shoulder!:)

Regards,

Mark.
    peedee likes this.
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The figures are all 75mm
    Tommi
  6. TADATSUGU Guest

Don't like the pirate's expression at all. Never liked Pegaso's earlier Buccaneer bust for the same reasons, but there have been dozens of those on the competition stands, so maybe I'm wrong - but both look ugly to me, (in the sense that I don't particularly like looking at them).
    I don't want to be Pegaso bashing here but I'm finding a lot of the new 75mm releases less than inspiring. I cannot criticise the scutpting, which is amazing, but they seem too statuesque to me and unnatural as a result. The Napoleonics look too fashion-modellish to me, having a modern look to them rather than a period one. Not the case with earlier 75mm releases such as the ADC to Suchet or the Lancer trumpeter. I also feel the same about some recent Atelier Maket figures, maybe its just the current trend? Look at the new Polish lancer by Metal Modeles - in comparison he looks like he's just ridden out of a Meissonier or Detaille painting. Anyone else see what I'm saying?
    akaryu likes this.
  7. austerlitz New Member

France
    I would like to know where do they find pictures or text describing the uniform of the sapper. Indeed it is difficult to find such information. But I like it even it looks like too "clean".
    Huw63 likes this.
  8. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Excellent sculpts and outstanding paintwork - I just wonder who does the job of the Art Director at Pegaso. Nothing is wrong if you choose to go for themes that already have found a broad interest in our market - it is absolutly reasonable - but where are any fresh ideas to present these themes and that haven`t been done before?
    Example Centurion:
    [IMG][IMG] Roman Centurion A. Laruccia.jpg
    Cheers, Martin
  9. Claude Portsmouth Active Member

I agree Martin, it is so easy to end up duplicating figures in the grey army. I had the Scale 75 Pretorian on my buy list for Euro then found that I already had the 200mm Pegaso figure, Centurians are two a penny....and so it goes on.

I've just commented on a different post regarding Art Gironas new releases, having the balls to do something different.

Claude
    Huw63, Martin64 and TADATSUGU like this.
  10. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    I like the Roman centurion, but how about a bit more diversity from the usual mid 1st century release. Some 3rd and 4th century figures would be probably more popular and justify the expense of releasing a new kit. Just have a look at Osprey's "Roman Centurions 31Bc- AD 500" for the possibilities.

The French sapper looks very tasty as well.
    Babelfish likes this.
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I really love the Dragoon Sapper,I think this will be popular in folkestone
  12. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I'm looking at getting the Adc to marshal Suchet, it's a beautiful piece totally agree.
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I wonder if he's eaten it?
    The feathers are in his hat.

I do like the sapper though
    P
  14. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like the Centurion. Holding his symbol of authority.