1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News Art Girona

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Paco, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    pmfs, Huw63, Edorta and 2 others like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Very nice figure, will most probably get this. Box art painting looks a bit rushed though...

Adrian
  3. Oda A Fixture

Good point there Adrian.As far as I am concerned(having all the previous releases in the ancient kings and pesonalities series by AG and being a huge fan of the Grand-Maestro-Adriano) I am deffinitely getting this.

Oda.
  4. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Very nice figure ! Must be pleasant to paint (y)
  5. Oda A Fixture

As with all Laruccia figures,friend.The sculpting of the Maestro and the fine casting of Art-Girona(not to mention the clever enfineering)make these pieces an absolute joy to put together and to paint.

Oda.
  6. franceso sbarile A Fixture

Straight from San Vitale church in Ravenna. One of the beautiful mosaic ever seen in my opinion. I will get it for sure.
    Francesco
  7. Oda A Fixture

It will make a great vignette if coupled with Bellisarius produced in the same series,by the same company,sculptor and in the same scale.

Oda.
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain

Attached Files:

9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The collection is not completed with this one.

Marc
  10. Oda A Fixture

Good morning to you all gents.Eduardo you would be interested to look up the latest Frontline books edition of a book entitled "By the Emperors hand".It is a marvellous and authoritative essay on Byzantine clothing both civilian and military from the earliest times(when it should really be called late Roman) to almost up to the 4th crusade(and a little beyond).It is written by an expert on the field(mr Dawson has also written a number of Osprey books on late Roman-early Byzantine armies),long time reenactor who designs and constructs his own clothes,arms and armor for that period thus gaining considerable experience on the matter.It is illustrated throughout with excellent representations and interpretations of clothing for the era and is packed with information based on the latest archaeological and pictographical research.Add to that the four Osprey titles on Roman military clothing(spanning the period from early
    to late Roman times and also beautifully and authoritatively illustrated and corroborated)and you have an excellent pictorial guide for the era.Lastly,for those flirting with the vignette idea,keep in mind that the"Maestro" has produced figures from the period for Soldier Miniatures(an exeptional Magister Millitum,compatible in scale) currently marketed by Masterclass Miniatures.So there you have it,I got carried away again but it's always like that when I am interested in a historical period.Hope you find something useful in all that and thanks for bearing.

Oda.
  11. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you Oda. I take note.

1445606181699_0.jpg
    Dan Morton and franceso sbarile like this.