1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New to the World of Figurine Painting...

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Nos76, Jun 28, 2016.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Welcome to this fantastic big, little world of figurines! I couldn't do anymore without inks to give a "richer" effect to my acryllics. If you have a source to buy Army Painter products then try to get their soft, strong and dark tones. These are easy to use and give a decent result with little practise.

Have a long and fruitfull figurine life,

Gino
    anstontyke and Scotty like this.
  2. BillW Member

United-States
    Welcome Nos76,

The figures from ICM or Tommy's War with the Brit Colors you have.

Remember to enjoy yourself.

Regards

Bill
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like you are off to a good start with choice of figures and paints. You've been given a lot of good advice already, so I won't repeat except to say enjoy figure painting
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Do you have a link for these Gino?
    Thanks.
    Scotty.
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    hi Scotty,

Yes, here it is : http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=1 Now here they show it in big tins, but you can also get them in the same size flacons like Vallejo etc... I buy mine online at Battlefield Berlin as this is close to me, have an excellent service and they don't charge much for postage costs. But I've seen it also at other online modelling shops so you should have no problems finiding.

Cheers,

Gino
  6. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Danke, Gino.
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    No thanks Scotty, we are here to help. I have forgotten maybe the very, ery best tip of tips if your looking to paint with acrylics/ Get on you tube and watch all video's by painting buddha. They are really super informative, they explain everything very clearly and show it on cam too. I have been using acrylics for over 15 years and still I have learnt SO much from them, especially Ben Komets! Most is fantasy SiFi stuff, but the techniques can be used on historicals as well.

Take care,

Gino
    Scotty and anstontyke like this.
  8. Nos76 Active Member

Thank for your kind advise Gino....I will check both your suggestions out. I promise to show my first attempt when I get around to it. For some reason I have this thing that keeps getting the way!.....It is called "work".
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    You're welcome. Looking forward to see your first result. The most important however is to have tons of fun with itç

Take care,

Gino
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jason,

If you get the chance, try to catch up with SA planeteer and all-round good bloke Jamie Stokes at the South Australian Scale Model Expo on 15-16 October.
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. Nos76 Active Member

Thanks for that Tony(y)!!!!
    I go to the Expo every year to support my best mate and his brother in the auto category... I haven't entered since 2011!
    I will try my best to track him down. This year might be a squeeze as I have a wedding that weekend and it is up in the Mid North, but trying to make it back for Sunday arvo. I want to checkout the new venue they are using

Cheers Nos (Jason)
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. JaimeChocano Member

Spain
    Hi Jason,

I am new to this world and this great forum. Before I hold my first brush there was a book my dad recommended to me and which was an inspiration:

"Color" By Betty Edwards

It is not about figure painting but about theory of color... Really interesting and quite useful. If you have the chance, have a look at it. It reads fast and I think there is one in every proper library.

Cheers

Jaime