1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Tamurlaine bust from Ellies Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ellie, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All just like to say that the new Tamurlaine bust is now ready to ship. you can order him through our web site on www.elliesminiatures.com. it's £30.00 inc P&P. it's another great sculpt from Offo cheers

19642244_460885627623325_930075571269644613_n.jpg 19510555_460885850956636_8011153623959935923_n.jpg 19599009_460885820956639_6110954717820968766_n.jpg 19510090_460885880956633_189728495870240716_n.jpg
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Another class sculpt from Offo. Something a little different but very nice. Im sure your pleased with it.
    Mick
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Great likeness to the original forensics bust of the Soviet academy of sciences and hence of great likeness to the actual historical personality.Impressive!!

Oda.

PS:Had I not been a dedicated "legs-man" I would be very tempted by this since Timur-i-Lenk is one of my favourite historical personalities.Nevertheless I can't wait to see this painted by one of the many talented PF "Bust-o-philes",it should look rather amazing
    kevininpdx and anstontyke like this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice bust.

Marc
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oda thank you for the kind words offo did a fantastic job. the box art will be done my good friend Gerard so looking forward to it myself.

cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Oda, anstontyke and offo like this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Ian. I like this one a lot.

- Steve
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  8. Bootneck Well-Known Member

A great addition to your range Ian. This will be very popular. Hurry up and bring out the next in the AWI series!!
    Peter.
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bootneck and anstontyke like this.
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is by no means a criticism of this bust, which I really like, but I cannot look at it without thinking of "Ming the Merciless"!

I think that is more an indictment of my mind...!!!(y)
  11. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Spot on. Considering Timur's accomplishments he's not the most well known conquerer. I recall the book I read on him was one of the few available in English. I would love to see more models on his army. Pegaso has a calvary model if remember correctly. Great effort on this bust.

Attached Files:

Oda likes this.
  12. Oda A Fixture

If I may be allowed to offer a helping hand,La Fortezza had a Timurid infantryman in 54mm and Amatti one Timurid infantryman and one horseman in 75mm.Also Beneito had a wonderful Timurid (although it might have been discontinued).Hope you can locate some of them.

Oda.

PS: Elite had a couple in 54mm which were marketed as Mongols but were otherwise perfect (as far as arms,armour and clothing are concerned) Timurids.