1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New releases from Tommy's War - Drivers, ASC and RFC

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm pleased to announce details of two new figures in the Tommy's War range, the long awaited Drivers to accompany our 1/32 Thornycroft and Crossley vehicles.

TW54025 - Driver, Army Service Corps, Belgium 1915
    TW54026 - Driver, Royal Flying Corps, Belgium 1915

Scale: 1/32
    Material: grey resin
    Sculptor: Nino Pizzichemi
    Box art: Iguazzu Artstudio
    Price: £14.00 (RRP) per figure
    Available from: www.tommyswar.com

Please note: the base and groundwork shown in the figures is NOT included.

I'd like to begin by offering a huge thank you to Günther Sternberg who has offered box art for figures 1-24. By his own admission, after 4 years of painting British Khaki for me he felt it was time for a change and for a new brush. Those who know a little about me know that Günther and I are great friends and I've been over to Germany with my family in 2014 and the Sternberg family came to the UK in 2013 - so I look forward to keeping in touch with my friend. I would also like to thank Alex for stepping in as the new box art collaborator. I'm sure you will agree that he has made a cracking start.

Anyway, back to the figures:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see, the figures are designed to interact with each other as well as with the vehicles. The coats are sculpted from images of the period, the ASC coat is commonly seen in the Tankograd book of British Military Trucks of World War One and the RFC coat is a rubberized waterproof coat issued to drivers and guards.

Also available this month as a download is our new January 2015 catalogue, this features the full range of figures, equipment and vehicles in the growing Tommy's War range as well as Victoria's Heroes which is set to expand over the next 12 months.

[IMG]

Currently the catalogue is digital only, available as a pdf. However, I am looking at a printed copy in September 2015.

I hope you enjoy the new releases and look forward to your feedback.

Darren
    www.tommyswar.com
    J.A.Hidalgo, SWM, bagijiny and 9 others like this.
  2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to hear all the news on TW Darren. Compliments on the new boxart - you have found a painter that compliments the previous style well but Introduces their own artistic interpretation.
    Cheers
    Mat
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Electrons are pounding away towards me as we speak Daren with that new catalogue :)

Nice coated pair that could conceivably be used in all sorts of scenes, great versatility.
    Also you could whack different heads on these guys & use them as other subjects, like pilots ;)
    As I suspect these coats would have been sought after items.

One of my Great Uncles served on & was wounded on Western Front as as an Artillery driver, so maybe a Lemon Squeezer ...

Stay safe

Mike
    Viking Bob likes this.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice figures and something a bit different to the standard rifle-wielding infantryman (not that there is anything wrong with the standard rifle-wielding infantryman). I can see these being popular.
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very neat painter, love the figures. (How about a greatcoated infantryman)
    regards
    Bob
  6. bagijiny Well-Known Member

South-Korea
    Great sculpting and painting!!! :)
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

Excellent - more temptation comes my way!

Cheers

Huw