1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Release: Chief 10th century Iceland :Alma miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Santiago Moltó, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Hello everyone.
    We are very proud to announce the birth of http://www.almaminiatures.com.
    Our first new release is now available in high quality resin and is strictly limited to "50 copies".

Chief 10th century, Iceland . Sculpted by Santi Moltó.

Share it with friends

Scale: 1/12
    Pieces: 2
    Material: Resin
    Sculptor: Santi Moltó
    Painter: Santi Moltó

principal_viking_resin_5.jpg principal_viking_resin_6.jpg principal_viking.jpg viking_king_resin_figure1.jpg
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Would be nice to know the scale and the name of the painter...

Cheers
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good luck with your new business. The bust is a great start.
  4. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Thank You very much for the advice Martin, You´re right. I´ve edited the post and included that information.
    Santi
  5. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Thank You Tonydawe, This is a very personal project and I´ve started with a lot of "alma" (soul in spanish).
    Santi
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent debut Santiago. Hope to see more from you.

All the best,
    Pedro.
  7. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Thank You Pedro. Kind words!
  8. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    I just saw the website. Welcome Santiago! And welcome Alma too! :)

You see, a fifty copies batch and a €30 price indicates three things:

First, the break even from invested time is far from being reached. Second, indirectly it indicates also how small our community is. But third - collectors have here a nice pick - A first figure from a new brand and produced in so small numbers can have a value potential, specially if Alma will triumph as a name in a future near by.

The figure itself seems extremely well produced. I just would like to empathize the hunchback look of this elder noble, capturing perfectly the overweight caused by the fur he had to wear in the grim Iceland climate: This drama component really highlights this piece several steps away from the average 1/12 busts we normally see: We figure painters, use body language to express humanity like no one else in scale modelling and this bust, while it is strongly simple, has a great "wow" potential thanks to this articulation between art and context.

As a collector myself, this is definitely a purchase. I sincerely hope, Santiago, this miniature will become an instant sold out to demonstrate you the proof of concept: This is a small market, nevertheless, strongly competitive. If you are talented enough to maximize drama attitude in the small scale, and relatively inexpensive, bust scene I can predict a nice future to you - and fortunately production batches higher than 50 copies. :)

In the meantime, I sincerely hope collectors reading this lines will make a sell off of this miniature - come on guys, 30€ is nothing! Lets make this miniature sold out as quickly as possible! It's good to both parties: The collectors and the newcomer - Welcome Alma: All the best wishes to you!
    Santiago Moltó likes this.
  9. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Hi Blue Thunder I´m very motivated with those words. Obviously this is a very small company, and the time invested is much greater than the expected earnings, but is not my intention to be a great company, I´m simply a modeller like you, and I love this hobby. So...why not to share my creations with all of You?.

Thanks again!

Santi
    Blue Thunder likes this.
  10. Santiago Moltó Active Member

Hi Blue Thunder I´m very motivated with those words. Obviously this is a very small company, and the time invested is much greater than the expected earnings, but is not my intention to be a great company, I´m simply a modeller like you, and I love this hobby. So...why not to share my creations with all of You?.

Thanks again!

Santi
    Blue Thunder likes this.
  11. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Nice one. Good luck with your new business.
    Pete
  12. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Hi Santos!

Let me also to say a warm welcome and a long life! I like very much your first product, very courageous of you to attack a subject somehow popular, the world of Vikings (just thinking to the well known bust of Andrea) and in a manner I think originally and hope, successfully. I would like to see another projects from you at least at the same level.
    Cheers,
    Nicolae
  13. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Dont forget us across the Atlantic! :D