1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Jeff Shiu's Minatures JS120037 SS-Untersturmfuhrer 1943-44, West front.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Von Bock, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello friends,
    Jeff has sent me photos of his newest figure. He hopes you like it. Jeff thanks everyone for their support. Regards Brock
    Scale 1/16th
    Resin
    Base not included.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      247.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      238.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      227.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      239 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      237.3 KB
      Views:
    Huw63, Sag997, Trep and 10 others like this.
  2. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Nice figure,dont you mean 43-44.
    Andy
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

WOW. Hans Landa?
  4. swralph A Fixture

5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice. Do we have a release date yet?

- Steve
  6. rado2828 Member

halo one briliant figure
    regards rado
  7. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    A good figure.
  8. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Real nice figure. I like it a lot
  9. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Von Bock, Although this figure has been done alot lately, in full figure/bust form, I really like Jeff's version. The face is excellent, and the gloves in the left hand is a nice touch. Are the steps included with the kit? Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
  10. nautilas Member

United-States
    Would love it in 200mm.
  11. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmmm! although this piece does look nice, I am slightly guarded about the fitting of this range ! .. Basically, in my experience its the stuff of nightmares! especially the placement/location of the casting blocks!.,:(

I will wait for any forthcoming reviews before committing! :unsure:

Regards,

Mark
  12. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Interesting you say that, I've four of Jeff's figures, and frankly, they are wonderful to clean up, the casting blocks are minimal, and easily removed. My only gripe would be the method of joining the limbs: on the paras and infantry that I have, there are a number of small holes that need filling once the limb is attached. I am sure there is a better way of casting than this.

The detail and pose is worth the effort, IMO.

Kylie
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  13. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys,
    I'm very sorry for the late replies to your questions. Life and work sure d screw up our hobby time. Ok the figure should be out very soon, as he is at the casters. Sorry the base is not included. I don't think clean up will be any worst then some other figures on the market. Hope I got answered them all. Regards Brock
  14. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Kylie,.. The one's that I have are the twin set of paras in Crete! Figure B, is very messy especially with the casting block in the neck!:eek: .. forget saws and files.. this is a power tool grind job Both MP40's where damaged of which I am sourcing replacements. .. However. maybe I was just unlucky. I know that these pieces do have there fan base, however my guard is up. ;)
    http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/product26.html

Regards,

Mark
  15. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    I am planning to give this figure a shot :)

The butt stock looks really flimsy and i will most likely break it :p Probably replace it with some fine wire.
  16. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Or, as an option, and what I did, buy the 1/16 scale Tamiya figure, which is on sale at Hobbyeasy right now, and use the one from that figure, and have extras for the spares box.

Kylie
  17. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Just paid for my order. When it arrives, will take some pics and if time permits a quick write up :)
  18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Personally I think that Jeff's figures are among the very best, most crisp castings on the market. I have 10 of his range and have encountered no issues so far in that regard. That said, I don't have the Crete paras that Mark mentions so I can't comment on those.

- Steve
  19. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    I received the figure yesterday. will do a short writeup with photos.

In short, the casting is sharp and details are good.
  20. TIGER11 Active Member

United-States
    I have had at least 200 of his figures go through my hands; and all have been top notch casting.