1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Full Color 3D Printer by XYZprinting

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by ashmarinxyz, Aug 31, 2017.

1. ashmarinxyz New Member

Hello everyone! To be completely transparent, I work for XYZprinting, Inc., one of the world’s leading consumer 3D printing manufacturers, and I'm here to talk about a new product; however, I am not posting here for sheer advertising, I'm posting here because XYZprinting wants a more personal method of communicating with 3D printer users in order to improve the way we do business. All the comments made on this thread is valuable feedback and I'll do my best to answer all your questions.

What's cool about this product, called the da Vinci Color, is that designers are able to make prints that cover the full spectrum of color due to 3D Color Jet technology. This means that we’ve combined CMYK Inkjet technology and FDM printing to bring you a machine that adds actual color to every layer of plastic.

This technology can serve wonders when it comes to creating your own personal figures andd prototypes! You can also expect to see a shift in the industry as more and more 3D printer companies start to move towards full color plastic printing. All the printer information can be found on our website or on articles on TechCrunch and Wired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Tom W. likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Can you show us fgure a that have been produced using this printer

Nap
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Most of us here is making prototypes for resin casting - so the color is not in our interest, and the 100 micron resolution is way to low for any miniature.
    People here would be probably more interested in that "Nobel" model, can You show us some samples that are made using that printer ?

P.S. Don't get me wrong, printing in color is great, but mostly useless in making miniature prototypes...
    Tom W. and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. ashmarinxyz New Member

[IMG]
    Hey thanks for your honest comments. Our Nobel 1.0 just went a new update enabling third party resins and the price has been dropped to $899 on the XYZ store. Unfortunately, I had a tough time trying to get pictures in here but I'll just direct you to a review with images: https://www.cnet.com/pictures/xyzprinting-nobel-1-0-3d-printer-makes-detailed-magic-pictures/11/
  5. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    I think Nobel 1.0 advanced is better because of the narrower beam. After all, 300 microns (Nobel 1.0) is an awful lot. In Nobel 1.0 Advanced, 130 micron beam in combination with a layer of 25 microns can already provide satisfactory results. Nobel advanced is more expensive, but it pays off. Still, he would like to see the thumbnail print in great detail. For this field, detailed photos of finished prints are absolutely crucial. Non detailed photos, and even in small resolution, will not help you here. It wants a high-quality miniature model (with a size designation) and a big detail. In great detail will always see line layers, but this comparison is important.

Have a náice days :)

Cheers Borek