1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New From Jeff Shiu's Miniatures 1/16th scale Imperial German MG08 team, Regiment 23th.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Von Bock, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello All,
    Well we have wondered what our friend Jeff has been up to because he's been so quite. Although I had a little knowledge of what was going on, on the bench. And here it is Jeff's latest release which will be out very soon. And should be very popular with the WW1 crowd. 1/16th scale Imperial German MG08 team, Regiment 23th. A special thanks goes out to David Youngquist for his technical advice. And also a very special thanks to my very good friend and a true artist Jeff Shiu for allowing me to make his announcements for him and his hard work in this figure hobby of ours. Thanks Jeff.

As always Jeff hopes you'll enjoy his new release. Cheers, Brock

Scale 1/16th
    Resin
    Imperial German MG08 team, Regiment 23th.

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Wow!! That is pretty spectacular. Besides being a very interesting and I suspect popular subject they actually look as if they are carrying a heavy machine gun.
    MalcC likes this.
  3. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmm,:cautious: although this is a visually nice set-up! and would make a great scene! I will wait to see the 'Break-Down', of these pieces on his web-site.

If the, 'Big fat', casting blocks are still located right in the neck line, then for me is a, 'Forget it', moment. As via my past experience! these, 'Blocks are located in the most volatile and stupid of areas on the piece.

Which, does lead me to ask another question! Why? do we not see a selection of 'Jeff's work', on either WIP, or Completed figures.? I have not seen anything in over two plus years.:( Considering that there is a sizable fan base out their, I would have expected at least something.

Please correct me if I am wrong;) ... I can bite a bullet or two, three or four!:LOL:

Mark
    Osvald likes this.
  4. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Truly awesome, a real eyecatcher. Love the character in each face.
    I'd like to get my hands on this one.

Malc
  5. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    As WWI fan freat set, but not my scale, why not 75mm or better 54mm.
    And why not also a more warrior version with spiked helmet and especially the transport Load bearing, those who have earned the legend that the German soldiers were bound by their officer to their gun.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And if Jeff shortage of ideas for the next figure 14/18 :

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Perhaps to big for 120mm :whistle::happy::LOL:
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic!

When?
    Where?
    How much?

All the best,
    Dan
    Zastrow.cuirassier and MalcC like this.
  7. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    AT LASTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
    READY TO ORDER!!!
  8. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Да, умный, великолепный работа. Есть много возможностей для творчества.
    Yes, the smart, a gorgeous job. There are many opportunities for creativity.
  9. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    That's means :
    Yes, the smart, a great job. There are many opportunities for creativity.
    Osvald likes this.
  10. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Very nice, and as it should be, in the "one true scale"! :LOL: I would love to see even more WWI from Jeff, and something with that trench mortar as seen in the last pic would be sweet. Well done!
  11. CAT of BORDO Member

France
    CUIDADO !!!!! GREAT KIT !!!!! NEVER SEEN BEFORE….. THANKS YOU VERY MUCH JEFF !!
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Those guys are struggling 'cause they're out of step!

Hey, but what the heck, they look cool and I wouldn't mind having them! (y)

Joe
    crf likes this.
  13. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    If only I could afford all the models I wanted, I would get this for sure. Perfect in every respect; well done.

Kylie
  14. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    What a great kit , congratulations
    Cheers
    Al