1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New figure from Jeff Shiu's miniatures Stoumont, 19 Dec. 1944Men of 1/SS-Pz-Rgt 1 part 1

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Von Bock, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello all,
    Jeff has sent me photos of his lastest. here you go'
    it
    Item No. JS120053
    scale: 120 mm
    Stoumont, 19 Dec. 1944
    Men of 1/SS-Pz-Rgt 1
    (part 1)

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      427.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1_.jpg
      1_.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 2_.jpg
      2_.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 5_.jpg
      5_.jpg
      File size:
      978.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7_.jpg
      7_.jpg
      File size:
      1,014.6 KB
      Views:
    • 9_.jpg
      9_.jpg
      File size:
      924.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8_.jpg
      8_.jpg
      File size:
      973.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmmmh ......... not sure about this one. Some of those folds in the smock and trousers look as if they've been carved or chiselled out rather than carefully sculpted. Too many sharp edges and deep crevices, not enough natural-looking folds. Especially at the back, but also on his right leg at the front (what's going on there?!)

I'm a big fan of Jeff's figures and have a number of them, but I have to be honest and say that I don't think that this one quite comes up to his usual standard. Maybe it'll look better when painted.

- Steve
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The drawing should have come after this photo ...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Blind Pew and captnenglish like this.
  4. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Creases or cravases? I still like this and will get one in due course. Thanks, Jeff; nice work.
  5. Ferris A Fixture

I am actually quite impressed particularly by the folds of the smock. I think these perfectly represent the thin and somwhat stiff fabric.

At the same I am not sure about overall dimensions. I know the smock is worn over the uniform and can be rather baggy, but on these pictures it is looking over-sized to me. The strong folds of the trousers reinforce that impression. It's of course perfectly possible that some germans used over-sized items, but personally I am not enthusiastic about the look of it.
    Perhaps it is just the pictures though, as Jeff usuall is spot on with such things.

Adrian