1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Company CGS Military Figures, David Grieve, Debra Raymond

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Gra30, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Dear all,

In Apr 2012 I was fortunate to purchase the Debra Raymond / David Grieve range of Military Figures and Busts, a particular honour for me being a former Faversham member.

This was the start of CGS Military Figures being formed and we succesfully launched at Figureworld 2012.

As part of the new ownership Debra has kindly allowed the use of all images as painting such a range in time would just be impractical, although overtime I do intend to paint at least some.

As a long time figure modeller this is an exciting time taking the step from modeller to trader and more so to be able to offer these nostalgic pieces once again, new releases will also follow in the CGS range.

Unfortunately the web page has been delayed slightly due to some technical issues but please direct any enquiries to contact@cgsmilitaryfigures.co.uk and I will of course announce when the web page is completed.

David had a particularly unique method of producing his metal masters and somewhat different from the usual methods today so I thought over the coming weeks, those that have seen them before might like to be reminded again, and for those who have never seen these before may like to see his masters in all their glory.

So to start we have

WB01 Field Marshal Von Blucher
    1/9 Resin
    Sculpted by David Grieve

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Now available once again from CGS Military Figures at £40 plus P+P
    Please email contact@cgsmilitaryfigures.co.uk
    Best wishes to you all and see you soon for some more pictures of Davids work

[IMG]
    Manfred and gordy like this.
  2. Schnabeltier Member

United-States
    Er . . . you say "had" as in past tense. Forgive my ignorance, but your reference to David tells me that he's either not sculpting any more . . . or that something more "final" has happened in the many years since I was last in involved in this hobby. I have painted, and continue to paint, many of his figures (my avatar among them) and thought he was one of the very the best sculptors at the time. What's the story?
  3. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi Mark,
    My apologies if it sounded too final.
    Having spoken to some friends at the weekend David is well and still living in the Kent area, indeed I intend to be in touch with him soon.
    As I have been told David no longer sculpts, I have heard from a reliable source that the lack of enthusiasm for his last few pieces left him a little deflated, however I agree that all his works irrelevant of scale are superb.
    My ownership is for all his BN figures, GLA range and busts as Debra owned.
    I am in the process of redoing all the moulds from the masters to add to the existing stock from Debra and will post more detailed pictures of the masters and new casts in due course.
    My apologies once again and I hope you enjoy seeing the figures once again although now released under CGS Military Figures.
    Best wishes
    Graham
  4. Schnabeltier Member

United-States
    That's good to hear . . . I'm truly glad he's still kicking. I left the hobby for many years and am not familiar with his BN, GLA range (sorry, I'm acronym-ignorant), his busts, or "his last few pieces," so I look forward to seeing what he did after I bailed. If anyone ever gets around to recasting the Highland figure shown in my avatar, I would be interested. It has gone missing and all I have left is the photo.
  5. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Great news!This Blucher bust is awesome! (y)

Mr Graham, Paypal will be accepted?

Kindest regards and best of luck in the new enterprise!
  6. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi Filipe,
    Paypal fully accepted :) if ever you fancy treating yourself.
    Best wishes Mark and more pictures will be posted in due course. Bonapartes own your highlander as they and Hawk Miniatures are the only other owners of Davids figures.
    Many thanks for the support
    Graham
  7. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks
    I was fortunate enough to see these models displayed on Grahams stand at Figureworld last Saturday. The quality of the castings are excellent and they are a fantastic range of figures. I look forward to seeing some of Grahams painted versions in due course.
    cheers
    Gordon
  8. steve j Active Member

England
    bought the 95th rifleman at figureworld the casting is excellent
  9. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    There's an inversion of the usual process: a metal master is used to make epoxy castings...... ;)
  10. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Just seen some pictures of Grahams new resin castings of the 100mm 28th. Foot Waterloo and they are superb.

Hopefully, as time permits, and sales support it, he will consider his own line of figures.
  11. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Thank you for the kind words Richard, there are a few new releases up our sleeves and of course will keep you all posted.

Very best wishes
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    I look forward to seeing the releases (y)