1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Atelier Maket

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ateliermaket, May 28, 2015.

1. ateliermaket A Fixture

Switzerland
    The Atelier Maket team in collaboration with Association Le Briquet is pleased to introduce our new 75 mm figurine in personality 1st Empire series
    Maurice de Taschers 1786 - 1813
    Lieutenant to 12 Rgt Chasseurs à Cheval
    Sculpted by Benoit Cauchies
    Painted by Christian Cauchois
    search history Jean-Claude Colrat
    Foundry Metal Models
    Metal figure 75mm
    www.casa-della-maket.com

Attached Files:

Lasalle, Edorta, rado2828 and 15 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very nice sculpt and painting, interesting figure.
    ateliermaket likes this.
  3. Claude Portsmouth Active Member

Another great release Giles, I have them all and will be adding this one, nice to have a Chasseur without the Green Uniform.

See you at Euro.....Claude
    ateliermaket likes this.
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great figure !
    [IMG]
    ateliermaket and Osvald like this.
  5. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    ateliermaket likes this.
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

Excellent figurine.. I bough the Briquet biography of this gentleman at Montrouge so this is a very well timed release.

Cheers

Huw
    ateliermaket likes this.
  7. ateliermaket A Fixture

Switzerland
    The Team Atelier Maket will be present at the exhibition Folkestone euro militaire
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A noble looking chap, nicely proportioned. I'll be having a good look at this at Euro(y)

Alan
    ateliermaket likes this.
  9. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Looks to me that he's head is a bit too big disproportional
    ateliermaket likes this.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great figure that is gonna be in my GA untill I have the time to paint it.

Marc
    ateliermaket likes this.
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  12. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    The more I look at this one, the more I'm liking it. I'm confused now though after looking at the pic above posted by Martin. Should the jacket be dark blue (per box art) or dark green (per above pic)?? Or could it for some reason be either?

Jason
    Lasalle likes this.
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Jason - I am pretty sure the first pix up top are dark chasseur green, not blue. But I can see why you would think that they are blue on the monitor. Based on surviving garments and sources like Lucien Rousselot's colour chart, I would say that the figure is painted a more realistic uniform green than that shown in the prints.
  14. TADATSUGU Guest

As crf says, the coat colour should be chasseur (dark) green. However I thought this looked like a Metal models figure and on checking this out, things got curious. They(MM) do two very similar figures.
    The first figure is their Officer, line mounted chasseurs 4th regiment 1809.
    ofch1.jpg ofch3_300x300.jpg ofch4.jpg
    The box art shows the relevant green coat with facings for that regiment. (12th Regiment facings were indeed red as the Atelier fig)
    Now to confuse things, MM also do a figure of an Aide de camp of a General 1810
    acg1.jpg acg2.jpg acg4.jpg
    The blue coat is appropriate for a regulation ADC uniform with sky-blue facings.

Now I know nothing about Maurice de Taschers but Iwould not think, IMHO, it is beyond possible that he could have worn the regulation ADC uniform (blue) while retaining his regiments facing colour. This could explain the use of dark blue by Atelier (if that is what it is)
    Whatever the answer is this does however illustrate that you could choose to depict any chasseur officer, rather than De Tasher himself, the arm band could be removed, opening up a number of different facing colours that could be used for a little variety.
  15. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Now that's a nice clean straightforward up and down figure . I hope you do well with it .
    chippy