1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP National Serviceman, Cyprus, 1957

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Aug 27, 2015.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

some initial pics of my latest conversion, in response to my request. This will represent my father on foot patrol in Nicosia, during the EOKA crisis in 1957. In conversations with my dad, he told me they wore shirt sleeve order and denims as they were cooler in the heat. As a vehicle recovery mechanic, he was armed with a Mk3 Sten, old webbing and a Mk 4 helmet!

Based on the Imperial Gallery 120mm Chindit (thanks, Tom - yes, your invoice terms are acceptable!!)this has had the legs resculpted with Milliput over a wire armature, as the original trousers were too baggy for this era, head replaced by another with Mk4 helmet, re profiled helmet, to reduce the dome, still needs the flare increasing on the back, carbine will be replaced by Mk3 Sten (big thanks to Steve Readdie for that one!). The face will be slightly reworked to look more like my dad, although I'm not going for a true likeness! All held together by blutack at the moment, there may be some repositioning of the arms and new hands to fit the Sten.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Files:

2. Mookie Well-Known Member

Think you have done a great conversion so far Steve.Nice to see something a bit different in my opinion.Watching with interest from Richard
  3. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking good, another of the small conflicts that rarely gets mentioned.
    Scotty.
  4. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great subject Steve. Looks great.
    Gordon
  5. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Great job so far
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for looking in chaps, I'm enjoying this one! Cant wait to get some paint on it when its done. Unfortunately, apart from his Lance Corporal chevrons, no other badges were worn on the shirt, but it should be a study in Khaki Drill!!

Steve(y)
    Scotty likes this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Just been over to my parents and my dad has found this amongst his papers. It is someone from my dad's unit on sentry duty in Nicosia but gives you some idea of what I'm aiming for! Note the SMLE, rather than the SLR, which was just being introduced.

ta for looking,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

Dan Morton and Scotty like this.