1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My older Stauffenberg figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    In a discussion elsewhere on this site, someone asked me to post pix of some older Claus von Stauffenberg models I have done as interest is higher in this man as a result of Tom Cruise's new film.

Not WIP as these were done years ago. But I may try another as all of these figures are lacking in accuracy and are older efforts that I think I could improve on.

The 120 mm has a false right hand and should not, the epaulettes are wrong on the bust and the medals on the 1/35 DML conversion. In each of the other two cases, he wears a ribbon bar and probably should not. Maybe 4th time lucky?

Colin

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    • Image1.jpg
      Image1.jpg
      File size:
      154.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      191.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      261.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Interesting Colin!

Come to think about it I wonder where theres no commercial Stauffenberg figures out. Dramatic appearance and rather well known character?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    There is at least 1 new one coming from Puchala and there is an old 54mm Valiant still available.

Colin
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice collection, thanks for sharing Colin!

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ah! You posted them Colin, excellent!

So going back to the other thread...........a figure of Stauffenberg accurate to the 20th July at Wolfsschanze would have no false right hand fitted, no medal bar and no eye patch, but with his glass in. Is that right?

I love this kind of research. I've always felt that scale models and the act of modelling were the end product of an excursion into historical investigation.

In purely figure terms I think the first one looks the best. I like how you've displayed the second figure. It would be great to create the facade of the building as well, particularly in 1/16th!

Hopefully your 'modellers block' will soon come to an end. Maybe an accurate Stauffenberg (no. 4), using everything you now know, is the answer!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Jon - your summary would be a correct statement of my view of how CvS looked at Wolfschanze on July 20 but I guess it can't be absolutely proven. And who can resist that eye patch? I was going to break out the putty for the first time in almost 3 years tonight but as usual real life intervened. :-(

Cheers Colin
  7. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That's a shame Colin!

But even if you're not actually mixing putty, you can still plan the next project! In fact that's probably the best bit!

I'm sure the interest generated from these posts will inspire you to pop those putty lids once again!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  8. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Wow Colin

Great stuff.

I appreciate your historical knowledge, and how it translates to a figure.

Personally speaking, I like the bust best, (probably because I am in large scale mind at the moment, and am slightly envious of your results with the smaller scales!)

Keep on trying Colin, Blocks are sometimes the result of feeling we should be at the bench doing something, but not being sure what the something is!

Cheers
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great to see this figures
    maybe the sculpters gave him some extra medals for what he did?
  10. grenadier Member

United-Kingdom
    My own feeling is that although Von Stauffenburgh was highly decorated,he let his disfigurments and wound badge in gold do the talking!