1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My name is pain

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Metal Extremo, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Hi. This is my first aportation to the forum. So, here goes my shoot.

This is my last bust. It's a superb sculpt done by Roberto Chaudron, i think 1:10, or 1:11
    Was buying from my wife to be painted by her, but the lack of time made that this bust was waiting for some year, till i saw one painted, and i decided make my own version.
    I wish my painting is a tribut to the pc-game Warcraft, that in the last decade gave me a lot of hours of fun with the three parts that complete the saga (World of warcraft never was played by me)
    So i tried to paint an orc with a intense green, deteriorated armor, and finally, a guy looks like a bad beast. Was very fun work to with saturated colours that aren't usually in my miniatures.

Here is my little. The photos are mine, so do not expect a wonder in them, because ... well, I've done it:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Reviews welcome, are necessary to improve. I have to repaint the black base, I know, and I promise to do it someday... and sorry for my english, but i refuse to use the translator :D
    Mark Dollery likes this.
  2. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work - reminds me of Bloodbowl somehow (y)
  3. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very well done. The green skin tones and worn armor are well painted. The only critique I would add is the placement of the blood in his mouth. it looks a bit out of place with none on his face shield. But overall, well done (y) Welcome to the Planet and your english is fine:)
    Tom
  4. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Thanks mates.

The blood in the mouth is cause he missed a tooth. I painted the splash inside the protector of the mouth, but i can´t take a picture of this with all mounted and glued.
    T-34/85 likes this.
  5. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted
  6. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Thank you swralph