1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Museum exhibition pieces -The Armistice Project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, May 12, 2017.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Squireman

Thanks for comments ..plenty of time for anyone to do a figure etc for thus project , as for figures , not sure about 75 but got 54mm you can do no better than look at TOMMY'S WAR for WW1 figures .....excellent quality

https://tommyswar.co.uk/

Thanks for looking in

Nap
    winfield, Borek and anstontyke like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Well the French fellow completed awaiting nameplate ...hopefully tommorow then pictures

Working on Billy now the flesh ....slowly slowly lots of washes etc

Also found out his eye and also hair colour from his medical on enlistment ...bugger guess who had to repaint the eyes from a brown....now a blue!

image.gif

Couple of other pics I am looking at on this

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nap
    anstontyke, Borek and Joe55 like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Well all is completed and I am happy with the result as always they look better in reality!!!

More pictures in the completed part of PF !!!

The French fellow

Yes I know he is a little clean but he has just come off a parade and is celebrating his survival at the front .

ww1 001.jpg

Billy Bishop VC

ww1 006.jpg
    Hawk_Uk, winfield, anstontyke and 3 others like this.
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Frenchy looks great Nap, and I like your excuse for the no weathering; that's the same excuse I would use :).......subtle flesh tones;.. the eyes on Bishop and the overall work on both make these two pieces you should be proud to show......keep up the good work.

Wayne
    anstontyke, napoleonpeart and Joe55 like this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work on them two Kevin (y)! Now what's next?

Good to see Steve (Helm), on board with his:)!

Joe
    anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Thanks for comments

Wayne ..can't beat a good excuse. , ...still might dirty him up a bit ......just never like doing that too much ! ...hope they look okay in the displays , I will send them next year to Kevin

Joe Thank you ..enjoyed them...next up ...finish LT Cairns VC off from RP Models

Thans for looking in

Nap

Why not enter FOTM as well guys !
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Great reason Nap :). In truth, it looks really good even without dirt. I like the tonality of colors for both, the balance of contrasts and attention to the detail. I'm not a painter, so I can only appreciate the style - I like it - I do not like it, without deeper penetration into the essence of the techniques and their evaluation, but I like these busts a lot. Well done indeed Nap :).

Cheers Borek
    anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    A tiny bit more done, shirt lightened for a bit of a contrast and khaki given a. . . errr khaki wash! Made it a little greener too.
    Steve
    IMG_20170714_123528[1].jpg
    Borek and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - I've been in touch with Kevin and I'm going to donate this one I did some time ago, to the exhibition. I think this is an amazing project and cant wait to see it all laid out!

Steve(y)

ASK1.jpg ASK2.jpg ASK3.jpg ASK4.jpg ASK5.jpg
    Mike - The Kiwi, Borek, Joe55 and 3 others like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice one Steve it's a great donation and appreciated by Kevin who is putting so much work into this .

Sure Kevin would welcome any similar offers from modellers

Certainly going to be some exhibition to see

Nap
    anstontyke and valiant like this.
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I don't know how I missed this thread:facepalm:. Big thumbs up Kevin Dunne for running with this and everyone else who has responded.(y)

I have asked for two busts to be cast up and I will collect these from Oundle on the 29th of this month. I want to donate these free to any pF member anywhere in world on me, all you have to do is paint them and send them to the Armistice Project. I will choose the two members and send these out at my expense also. You have until the 30th of this month to contact me via pm.

I know I made the Naval Brigade bust as a Zulu war piece, but it could be painted up/altered to a WW1 sailor quite easily. the other is my A.N.Z.A.C. Roo. Both are 1/9 scale.
    cheers
    Richie
    AP Naval Brigade bust.jpg AP Roo Bust.jpg
    Borek and anstontyke like this.
  12. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Richie...am sure you will get many offers.
    Both busts look terrific.
    Kev#1
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Greetings everyone...and apologies. World Expo, my daughters return from Africa and other obligations have kept me busy a bit.
    Lots of new busts on the way after Expo...recruited some world class painters also. Rob Morris, Penny Meyer,Jack Muldoon and New Englands infamous Hawaiian Shirt Mafia for a group project.
    Paul at Model Cellar has some great new WWI busts in the pipeline...mountain troops mostly.
    I will put out a list of the new busts I have on hand...when I have them on hand.
    Off to New York City tomorrow for a weekend of photography and to celebrate my little girls 40th...does that ever make me feel ancient!!!
  14. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Greetings all,
    At long last, some free time.
    Here are the busts I have on hand as of today:
    Model Cellar: German POW 1918...nice piece.
    Shhhh Brit Trench raider
    Alpini
    MCM..."I will be home soon son"
    JMD Algerian Tirailleur 1914
    Hawk...Asst. Brit pilots...nicely done.
    Von Hindenburg
    I will be getting more when Model Cellar releases them...exiting stuff too...some more mountain troops. Also expecting some from AC miniatures...Aussies.
    Sending out a group email soon so everyone gets on this thread.
    Thank you again everyone...the Project is coming along nicely. We have an offer of a collection of WWI equipment and uniforms for the display and I discovered that the Wilkinson blade that I have and thought was from Skinners Horse is in fact from a Capt in the Scots Greys who served in WWI!
    Chers all...and thank you.
    Joe55, swralph, Helm and 3 others like this.
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nice on Kev I'm still plodding on with mine. . . A bit like WWI it'll be over by Xmas :cautious:
    napoleonpeart, anstontyke and Joe55 like this.
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    Calling this chap done.
    IMG_20170826_181509.jpg IMG_20170826_181604.jpg IMG_20170826_181551.jpg
  17. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Well done...and thanks.
    anstontyke and Helm like this.
  18. Helm A Fixture

England
    Glad you like it Kev, hope it's alright for you mate. I'm in the U.S. in Oct so will bring it over and post from there, hopefully it will be safer that way.
    Steve
    anstontyke likes this.
  19. swralph A Fixture

Nice one Steve:)(y).
    anstontyke and Helm like this.
  20. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ralph appreciated.
    Steve
    anstontyke and swralph like this.