1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mr Lee's Painting Emporium - New Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Ferris and Wings5797 like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

An obviously talented sculptor who nevertheless thinks he can sculpt samurai without conducting proper research.Almost all the details are wrong.The queue is Manchu/Qing and therefore more proper for a Boxer than a Ronin.The forearm guard completely uncorroborated by historical data,the clothing-once more-more chinese than japanese and what will it take for some people to pay attention to how a katana is carried i.e thrust through the obi (sash)edge up.I can only treat this figure as a fantasy figure with a misleading title and nothing else.It is a pitty though for it is very obvious as I have already said that Stavros is a gifted sculptor.Sorry I'll pass this time.

Oda.
    myouchin, RantaN, fogie and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Thanks for sharing

Agree with Oda's comment also for me the upper torso looks too large/long particularly at the shoulders from the front view ..might be the picture but that's my thoughts !

No doubt a good sculptor but it just doesn't look "right"

Nap
    Oda and RantaN like this.