1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Mousquetaire Gris, 1740

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Sep 7, 2013.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I suspect not everyone working in the North Sea has a copy of Louis XV's Army vol1 by Rene Chartrand with them but....

"The soubreveste was lined red and edged with two silver laces at each side.
    It had each company's distinctive white crosses edged with narrow silver lace on the breast and at the back, the tips of the crosses each had a gold lily.
    The 1st Company had three gold and red flames at the angles of the cross, the 2nd company had 5 yellow and silver flames at the angles.
    The Marechal des Logis wore a soubreveste with the royal cipher embroidered in gold on the skirt and edged with 5 silver laces, Brigadiers had 4 silver laces and Sub-brigadiers had 3."

The red coats worn beneath the soubreveste were laced gold for the 1st company and silver for the 2nd Company.
    So the two illustrations in your initial post are from the 2nd company.

Roger.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Oops, almost forgot, your figure has 3 flames so is 1st Company, red edged gold flames at the angles of the cross and gold lace on red coat.
    Hope all this is clear. I will post pics at the end of the week from home.

Roger.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Double post sorry.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks a lot for the info, I do have the Rene Chartrand but is in a box in the attic :(.
    Anyhow, here's some more pics of the progress I made yesterday, the blue souvreveste is basically done, except the lace that I have to decide which company I will make , 1st or 2nd.
    DSC04115.JPG DSC04116.JPG DSC04117.JPG DSC04118.JPG DSC04119.JPG
    Aveleira, ChaosCossack and crf like this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Some illustrations I've found...
    28R%20Chasseur%20of%20the%20Saintonge%20Regt_ll.jpg 6906833430_7310083888_b.jpg dsc_0017-375040c.jpg dsc_0205-3750462.jpg Mousquetaires_de_la_Garde_Marbot.jpg Musketeer 1730-50.jpg royale-cavalerie-___n-du-roy-25e2901.jpg produit_image8_11326_1350645888.jpg 1303665399-xviiie_sicle__maison_du_roi__005.jpg
    Jaybo likes this.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Such elegant uniforms at that time. A period of which I know little but looking forward to your painting anyway.

Colin
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Good start Daniel and some pictures I don't have. (y) I've also realised there's a deficiency in my own collection of figures which needs to be rectified. :D

Roger.
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Roger,you are right indeed, i thought i could ppainted in thw colors of the 2nd company, i always like silver before gold, but you are right, the figure has 3 flames and i did not realize the second had 5 flames, so i will make the proper correction and laint the cross in white edged silver and leave the fleur de lys in gold.
    thanks so much for your help, i really appreciate it.
    best regards :))
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good progress Daniel and great information.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    You're very welcome Daniel, I'm only too pleased to help.

Roger.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A great start Daniel and another very informative thread, looking forward to following (y)

Cheers Ken
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This would make a very good 120mm resin flat. :playful:
    mil-mart likes this.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks mate! :)
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have a bunch of reference now if you need.
    Anyways, I red the painting instructions on in the box and gives plenty of details, I hate reading instructions and manuals lol
    billyturnip likes this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hey Ken, thanks for passing by! (y)
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Yes indeed!
  17. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks, made some corrections and darkened the soubreveste by using a toning technique with dark Prussian blue.
    I have painted the silver lace base in gunmetal grey with metallic medium.
    cheers
    DSC04120.JPG DSC04121.JPG
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks, made some corrections and darkened the soubreveste by using a toning technique with dark Prussian blue.
    I have painted the silver lace base in gunmetal grey with metallic medium.
    cheers
    View attachment 135374 View attachment 135375
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good Daniel.
    Moves are afoot to aquire some Mousquetaires of my own... mine might be a bit flatter though. :D

Roger.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    :ROFLMAO:
    Looking fwd to see them soon!