1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Modern Brit ,Afghanistan 1/16 figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Feb 11, 2012.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Here,s a start on another 1/16 figure depicting a Brit in Afghanistan.I will work on the figure and try to add the latest equipment on the figure.
    The Mk 7 helmet has some subtle curves.There is a mesh added as a cover but cant be well seen in these photos.
    The newer Sa80 quad rail has been added(what a pain to build).Model railroad plastic helped with the grooved lines on the fore grip,As usual I do it the hard way first,only to dawn later of an easier way.Always happens.
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking really good mate. we're needing some modern brits.
    I always wondered about the mesh on helmets, what did you use to replicate this?
  3. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    I think this one is going to be really nice... you seem to have been busy with several modern Brits lately, I like all of them!

Looking forward to seeing this one completed, Andy.
    Mario
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy a great subject and a nice pose , looking forward to seeing this one develop. (y)

Cheers Ken
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Grant,Mario and Ken,
    Thanks for the comments .The netting for the helmet involved a visit to a local textile and craftshop and looking for different grades of fabric.
    It was a bit of an experiment finding out which grade looked the best suited to the scale .Out of the three types of fabric found ,one fitted the bill.Some muslin cloth found will also be used for a future 1/12 bust helmet.
    Cheers
    Andy
  6. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Great stuff mate, on the weapon, are you going to add the forward grip commonly used on this , keep the modern coming, love it.
    Andrew
  7. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Looking forward to seeing this one finished, keep up the good word.

is this based on a photograph?

K.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Quality work as usual, Andy!! (y)

All the best,
    Dan