1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Model Scene Products for Dioramas & Vignettes

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, May 26, 2015.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    MODEL SCENE PRODUCTS

Hello planeterians,
    I would like to share with you my latest goodies, Model Scene products for dioramas and vignettes. As you may already know we are preparing a couple of new titles for WWI, WWII and our regular diorama books. So for some time I was looking for some products ready made (so to invest mostly to the construction and painting of figures and models) but realistic enough so with minimum work to have a professional result. My first time that I saw these products was in Real Models shop in Athens (some years ago) which had been imported from Historex Agents. And now I have some of them in my hands ready for use. As you can see here the groundwork ready made platforms are excellent and you can have a very good base to work with. Maybe it needs some matt varnish, wash and a little dusting so to transform it to a really impressive ground! The F610-S is Forest base-Pine wood and the F723-S is Late Summer, stonny ground. Each of this surface has 17cm X 13cm area, is flexible and it can be cut in any size and shape. I have chosen products for 1/32, 1/35 scale. The other products are leaves (decaying leaves L3-302, Maple extra colours autumn L3-101), a laser cut wooden fence (PL3-001), laser cut paper plants in colour (Sunflower VG3-024, Fern VG3-001, Jungle Set2 VG3-032). The laser cut fence required some construction and gluing and the laser cut plants some configuration, gluing and some painting/weathering. See the following photos for personal evaluation. I hope that you find this review useful.

For more information you can visit the company’s site: www.model-scene.com or you can purchase also from Historex Agents or Reality in Scale.
    .jpg DSC03354_WEB.jpg DSC03343_WEB.jpg DSC03347_WEB.jpg DSC03349_WEb.jpg DSC03352_WEB.jpg
    NickM, Krest063, Babelfish and 13 others like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Deserve the money. Great stuff!

cheers
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Just bought some jungle plants and ferns. Good stuff
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Tony, just incase you haven't seen this. Saw this in Kellerkind display cabinet and I picked up a couple of the jungle packs on the strength of it.
    Cheers
    Derek
    (photo by Hendryk Shroeder)
    jungle.jpg
    Mark Dollery, NickM, Krest063 and 6 others like this.
  5. Modellismo48 Active Member

Italy
    pmfs and DEL like this.
  6. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As we are next door so to speak. model scene products have been available here in Poland for some time.. Real value for money,well made and a big time saver... When I was building the dioramas for the Warsaw Uprising museum the mats really saved me a enormous amount of time.. Their good for figures,1/48th or 1/32nd Aircraft and 1/35th armor.
    If your looking for them.Try JADAR HOBBY here in Warsaw....
  7. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Lovely products!

Too bad that all these goodies do not come in the popular 75 mm scale though...

J;)han
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great products and good value for money.

Cheers,
    Pedro.