1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Mini Art 120mm scale Horse possibilities?

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wings5797, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith

How is thus project going ? ....

No pressure ..just want to see it finished..lol

Careful with that drill...Oooooo Vicar ..lol

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Just for you Kevin and anyone else of course.
    Progress so far; reasonably happy with the shape of the conversion and primed with Halfords grey spray primer. Initial undercoats with acrylic 5 colour pallet and first wash in white W&N oil.
    The jockey is undergoing major surgery and has not recovered well enough to appear today.
    All the very best
    Keith
    IMG_9031.JPG IMG_9021.JPG IMG_9023.JPG IMG_9024.JPG IMG_9027.JPG IMG_9031.JPG IMG_9033.JPG IMG_9034.JPG IMG_9038.JPG
  3. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Superb. Where would I find horse furniture for a mounted British infantry officer c1900?
    Cheers,
    Scotty.
    Oda and peedee like this.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I've asked such questions with good response and success on the Society of the Military Horse forum. http://www.militaryhorse.org/

Try also a Google image search "saddles, bridle+1900+British army officer" but you'll have to be selective.

Finally wouldn't a British officer of the period be expected to provide his own horse and "furniture" as opposed to using British army equipment? If that's the case, there would be much less uniformity in selection, probably a lot more sports and Fox and Hounds related saddles and equipment would be used, wouldn't they?

Good luck!

All the best,
    Dan
    Oda, peedee, Scotty and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Mate
    It really depends on what your model is. Parade, Battle etc.
    These two sites have some good photos. As Don says if you dig around on the internet you may find what you are looking for.
    If you give me more precise details i will dig through my stuff to find what you are looking for.

http://www.paoyeomanry.co.uk/PM/LYPreWW1.htm
    http://paoyeomanry.co.uk/DYC/DYCFurniture.htm

Cheers Mate,
    Keith
    napoleonpeart, peedee and Scotty like this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Keith.
    I am surprised more of the other talented fugurists on here haven't taken these kits and given them 'the treatment'.
    They are great fun.

Paul.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Thanks Paul.
    I think that being plastic and needing a lot of work even if you make it straight out of the box puts people off, That said a decent blade, a razor saw and some Milliput can work them into a half decent piece.
    All the very best
    Keith
    peedee likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Keith

Thanks for the pictures ..looking great mate ......love the way you have worked the horses tail

This is going to look awesome .....so what you waiting for ...lol

Looking forward to seeing more

Nap

PS Those Yeomanry links are great , I have a whole shelf of books on the Yeoman ..such an interesting subject
    peedee, Wings5797 and Scotty like this.
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Thank you Kevin, you are too kind.
    What am I waiting for; so many projects so little time. Seriously, I am catching up on painting to try to clear the stack of grey sculpts. I hate painting figures!!!
    Ages ago I researched the British Yeomanry with a view to cover one piece for each troop.....far too vast to be a reality. I would bet a shilling that you know how many there were?
    Cheers Kevin
    Keith
    peedee and Scotty like this.
  10. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    He was expected to provide his own or pay for anything from regimental stores. All brown leather (think present day mounted police) with a brow band and end "pom poms" in regimental facing colour. The pattern was the same for all infantry. simple head kit and white rope. English saddle without fans and burs. Wallets carried on the cantle (covered with bearskin in review order) spare horse shoe case at near hind. Rifle regiments used a sheepskin shabraque in review order. Let me know if you need detaled info.
    Martin
  11. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here's the bits from 1900 dress regs.

Attached Files:

12. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    I pressed the wrong button!

Attached Files: