1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Milmart Larrey

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tecumsea, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Mr Lane has inspired me to get the brushes out and get stuck into the Napoleonic Grey Army- Started this one before Xmas and got going on it again last night.....comments welcome...still a lot of Gold work to do, buttons, etc..amazing what you can see when you take a photo.
    Thanks Ken for a nice sculpt.

Keith

Attached Files:

sarouman, Dan Morton, blabsy and 5 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good Keith. (y)

Roger.
  3. penster Active Member

United-States
    I always take photos of every step and analyze them before moving forward, especially a flat. This looks good and I look forward to seeing the finished piece.
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice one Keith.
    Brian
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Keith a great start mate, I like the painting of the face and looking forward to following.(y)

Cheers Ken
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking good Keith, great job on the eyes.
    Cheers
    Derek
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Derek, the eyes are very well done. Nice smooth highlighting too.
    Carl.(y)
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice Keith. Thanks for posting!:)
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work keith,this is a great sculpt from ken and i like what you have achieved so far,i very much like the highlight of the hair,well done mate.

I know what you mean about your napoleonic grey army,i'm the same mate,just finished some painting and decorating and i'm itching to get back to the workbench now as i intend to start on some of my napoleonic subjects.

Thanks for posting keith (y)(y)(y)

Brian
  10. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I was a bit in the dumps with my painting last year so didn't really do anything for the past 6 months. Amazing how this site inspires you to get going -really starting to enjoy it again(y)
  11. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Veru nice job my friend!!
    Although I have not ever painted Flat miniature, but I think it's done very well!

Alexandros(y)
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Keith! nice dark blue to the coat and also the red collar.

Ron