1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mike's Gallipoli Digger Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Sorry Tony no reveal until WorldExpo.
    Gotta take final photos this weekend with both hat options.
    So hoping your patience will be rewarded.
    -Mike
    "Sit and talk" - Not quite Richie ;-)
    It fun to capture personality in your painting though.
    Must say a lot of what Alfonso "Banshee" Gilrades talks about in his interview resonates with me on "evolution" of painting from Masters to our own attempts with miniatures nowadays.
    Well worth a read: http://figurementors.com/masters-interview-alfonso-banshee-giraldes-pt2
    -Mike
    Tony Dawe and anstontyke like this.
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Finished!
    Clearer, lighter shot of his face.
    Hopefully this provides a sense of detail I've tried to capture as part of this telling this young man's story.
    341562288_IMG_2050.JPG
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Incredible detail and a great inspiration for us.

Marc
    anstontyke and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    As I said.....Pure Insanity....and pure talent....I hope wherever this is shown; it will be appreciated......

Wayne
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    The "teaser" photos are amazing and reveal pure talent. You are undoubtedly one of the best if not the best painter out there. I am looking to seeing this one "in the flesh" at EXPO.
  6. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again " WOW"
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tx! Michael all going well trust he will meet your expectations when you actually see him. Note he's considerably smaller @1/9th scale than this shot, this sort of high res photo can sometimes emphasize detail that is just not visible without magnifying lens & good light source. For myself i cannot see much of this detail until I take photos.
    Hope that makes sense.

Look forward to your feedback.
    Mike
    Tony Dawe and anstontyke like this.
  8. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ridiculously real and difficult to imagine that its not larger!! And you must paint by intuition, if you wait for the photos to see what if looks like?! All baffling for me!
    Andy B
  9. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    Come on now you will have to stop putting up these photos of real people and pretending they are your work:)