1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Michael Wittmann, Tiger Ace in Normandy, 200mm (1/9th scale) Man-Jin Miniatures (MJ09-001)

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello friends in Planetfigure,
    I have in my hands one more release from MJ Miniatures (www.mj-miniatures.co.kr) that depicts excellent the German WWII Panzer Ace, Michael Wittmann. As with the previous kits we have all of the parts in a strong carton box that keep them safe in shipping. The total number of the resin pieces is 6 and the quality is of the highest standard! No moulding lines, no air bubbles and the only thing to do is to remove the small moulding blocks and go for painting! The new feature and very attractive to potential buyer is the opportunity for making the Ace in three different appearances. So we can make Wittmann wearing M-43 Field Cap, or the peaked "crushed" officer's hat or without wearing a cap (only with hair). As I will go for one of the cap' choices, the other head will be very useful for my future seminar in Athens Show in October! As the sculpting is excellent and will help me to show to the people the painting procedure for a head. As you can see in the photos the shoulder pads are accurately presented (SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer, Hauptmann for Werhmacht, Captain for US), a detail that a lot of times missed from the sculptors! Well done Ho Seo and Man-Jin! So what can I say for the bust? Just awesome in all fields! High Quality in sculpting and casting as in the Box Art that we will use as painting guide!
    So we have:

Title: Tiger Ace in Normandy, Michael Wittmann
    Code: MJ09-001
    Size: 200mm
    Scale: 1/9
    Pieces: 6 high quality light grey resin
    Sculptor: Ho Seo
    Box Art: Man-Jin Kim

For more information contact mjminiatures@gmail.com or the dealers / distributors of Man-Jin Miniatures.

See the following photos for personal evaluation! Or visit the company's site for a large number of the painted bust www.mj-miniatures.co.kr. I hope that you will find this review useful!
    _DSC2329_WEB.jpg _DSC2333_WEB.jpg _DSC2335_WEB.jpg _DSC2345_WEB.jpg _DSC2340_WEB.jpg _DSC2350_WEB.jpg _DSC2354_WEB.jpg _DSC2356_WEB.jpg MJ Miniatures Tiger ace in Normandy Micheal Wittmann (4).jpg MJ Miniatures Tiger ace in Normandy Micheal Wittmann (19).jpg MJ Miniatures Tiger ace in Normandy Micheal Wittmann (27).jpg
    Kisifer, Joe55 and jerry like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Stelios ,

Nice review , like the 2 head and cap options and a good likeness ...of course !

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent review Stelios, thank you (y)!

Joe