1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MEHAAN34 cossack online course thread

Discussion in 'Workshop with Fer' started by Fernando Ruiz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Mike's thread.
    Regards
    FeR
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Until my figure comes in I am following along and applying your advice to another 54mm figure that I had on hand. I figure this way I will be able to catch up quickly.
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Nice idea, Mike!
    Feel free to show any progress in the other miniature...
    FeR
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    ok great. I'll take a pic tonight of him and post him. the head and face are very similar to the cossack so it shouldn't confuse the subject too much.
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is what I have applied on the other figure so far.

class face1.JPG

class face2.JPG

class face3.JPG
    Steve likes this.
  6. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    It looks nice! Isn't it Andrea's Falkar?
    But the pics are not so good, so I can't have an enough detailed view to give a useful opinion... Maybe the eyes are a bit big. You can reduce their size cutting them out carefully with the upper highlight of the lower eyelid.
    In any case, good work, mate.
    Regards
    FeR
  7. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    try these. My home computer makes everything look bright, but then sadly they are too dark. Yes this is Andrea's Falkar, he is a fun figure. I think his right eye is too big, I will fix that tonight.

class face1.JPG

class face2.JPG
    toy4x4 likes this.
  8. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Mmm. Still not clear enough. What kind of camera are you using? Is the macro on?
    Other thing. The highlights of the upper lip should go on its upper corners. It also have a highlight in the lower mouth part, but mainly in that other place.
    Regards
    FeR
  9. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Put some work in on him. Pics are not good but I hope they show something for you to look at. I need to just breakdown and get a better camera.

cossack4.JPG
    cossack3.JPG
    pmfs likes this.
  10. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Mmm... Not bad at all!
    But you need to smooth some shadows, in example, in the neck area, where those rough shadows create volumes that do not exist. Maybe the same thing in others places here and there, but I would need a better pic to be able to tell.
    Regards
    FeR
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Slowly working on this little bugger. I still haven't re-worked the neck area. This pic is a little washed out but I hope is shows something of the shirt.

cosack2.jpg
  12. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    This pic is much better.
    From what I can see, the shirt isn't bad at all, but you have to soften even more the skin shadows. Try the following: Take a bit of the skin base tone and thin it a lot, until is more or less like water. Then take some of this with the brush and discharge the tip of the brush in a piece of kitchen tissue. You have the brush damp, with aparently no paint on it. Then, give a thin and uniform coat OVER ALL SKIN AREAS. You may have to do that some times, until you see the shadows get softer. Above all, be sure to use very very very very little of that water with some paint in every stroke, or you'll be applying a wash (we don't want that).
    Regards
    FeR
    Meehan34 likes this.