1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

--Medieval Monks--

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Radek, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hello everybody.
    This time I decided to sculp something different than usual. This is my first attempt to sculp historic figures. I choose 75mm size for them, because i wasn't sure if I can handle smaller details (at least for now) in 54mm scale. But let's get to the point: these are two, fat monks-quarelling wuth each other. I was inspired by an old polish satire entitled "Monachomachia" by Ignacy Krasicki-it describes in a funny way a "war" between two orders-franciscans and dominicans. And so here they are:
    Frair Onufry from the dominican order :)
    [IMG]

Frair Anzelm from the franciscan order :)
    [IMG]

The rest of the photos showing some stages of my sculpting process, enjoy:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thats all for now.

Radek
  2. Hyades New Member

Wow, Radek, they look great! Fun topic, too! Please keep posting as you go along.

Nancy
  3. fsdesimone Member

This is an interesting subject. I'm not familiar with the statue, but they look like Friar Tuck from Robin Hood. ;)
  4. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hello again
    Thanks for Your comments guys, I glad You like it. Acctually it's my first attempt to sculpt feet, hands and faces :)
    New photos of my work:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. y_wong New Member

Dear Radek,

An interesting topic to sculpt. As a first time sculpting, you did very well. Looking forward to its completion.

regards :)
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great idea you got there Radek. I'm looking forward to see your project finished.
  7. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Some new pics:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This frair is now ready, but i didn't have the opportunity to make photos, these are from yesterday-night :)
  8. Radek Active Member

Poland
  9. y_wong New Member

Looks GOOD.

regards :)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I love these two little fatties! Excellent idea and very neatly executed!
  11. Hyades New Member

Thanks for the sbs, Radek - the little guys are looking fantastic! Please keep posting!

Nancy
  12. neill Active Member

United-States
    Great Job! -- Love the artwork and the humor. Please consider a Friar Tuck and Robin Hood "duel". Love to see this painted.

Also great "Step by Step" pictures.

Keep up the excellent work!

Neill
  13. Radek Active Member

Poland
    And these are the latest photos of this fellow here:) He's ready. Now all I have to do is paint him properly. The other one is still naked, i'm hoping to put some clothes on him this evening :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Radek Active Member

Poland
    And this one's like this:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Regards
    Radek

P.S.
    The arms look to wide on these photos, but despite that i'm going to shorten them.
  15. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hello again after a long interval. i have finally painted these two guys. The photos aren't the best, and also I'm not the best painter but I think some day I will be better :) I will make more photos tommorow, in daylight.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Regards
  16. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Next photos on the finished base (a piece of monastery floor :) ) The stool is made of balsa wood, the mug is made of alu sheet and thin plastic I only have to paint it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Regards
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I love how your scene is turning out Radoslaw...........excellent work
  18. Guayo New Member

Hi Radek, love this figures, something different from the military scene, just want to add that the Dominican Orders habit is white and the Franciscan is brown and sometimes gray.

This is a painting of Saint Dominic, the founder of the Dominican Order, you can see the white habit with the famous black cape.

[IMG]

the Franciscans use some color variations, from Black to brown and gray, I live in a Trappist(Cistercian Monks) Monastery for some months and meet many friars, brothers, fathers, nuns, novice, etc.... from different Religious Orders, this is why and so familiar with the colors :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Radek, once again congrats on your work, from Head to toes your figure are very Original, don't worry about my comments, you don't have to know all this but if you want to learn about it just join one of this orders and you would learn many insides on this religious life :lol: just joking, you dont have to , thanks for sharing.

Eduardo.
  19. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Thanks for pointing that. I just forgot to write that I decided to do two Frasciscan frairs :( Mea culpa as the Romans say :) Thanks for the photos and info.
  20. Guayo New Member

Any time Radek, but thanks to you for sharing your work, this original works always wake up something inside of me that say "one day I would sculpt one figure" but for the moment I'm miles away from this type of profesional artist work.

Looking forward to your next project,

Eduardo.