1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Masterbox (Ukraine) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Three novelties in scale 1:24 from injection plastic...:

No. 24041 - Tramper (Erica and Kery)

[IMG]

[IMG]

----------------------------------------------------

No. 24042 - Trucker Stan "Long Haul" Thompson

[IMG]

[IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------

No. 24043 - Trucker Jimmy "Tex" Haywood.

[IMG]

[IMG]

And soon (also in 1:24)...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Source: http://www.mbltd.info/

Cheers
    Osebor, Mirofsoft and martin tabony like this.
  2. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    Anyone notice that MB's boxart bears little resemblance to the actual figure? Look at the second figure, "Stan". The box art shows that he has shrunken arms and legs, and he looks like he won't be able to walk with his super-tight jeans. The figure itself is much better proportioned.
  3. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Very interesting line...
  4. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Master Box models are good value but rarely match the box art . I doubt the grey figure pictures are actually models ,they look more like 3d print outs .
    chippy
    theBaron likes this.
  5. Ong Active Member

I agree that Masterbox's plastic figures rarely match the boxart, often times the boxart being better than the figures.

The ladies in this post match very well with the boxart in terms of hairstyle and slenderness. Previous ladies were slender in the boxart, but the plastic figures were stocky and the hairstyle didn't quite match.

One thing I've notice is that the boxart often shows the figures as younger than what the plastic shows. The faces in the artwork are younger and the facial expressions don't quite match, looking older and more mature and that could be a problem if they look middle-aged compared to in their 20s.

I applaud Masterbox of all these nice civilian ideas and giving 1/24 car modelers modern 1/24 civilian figures. By no means stop and give up! The figures are indeed looking better and closer to the artwork! :)
  6. VID soldiers Well-Known Member

Ukraine
    Master Box figures is sculpted by A. Gagarin, it's not 3D work
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I think you have misunderstood. He didn't say that the figures are 3D sculpts. He said that the grey figures in the pictures look like 3D prints, not photographs of the actual resin figures. I agree. The grey figures in the photos above look like 3D images, not photos of the actual figures, and the box art certainly is not an actual photograph of a painted model.

Prost!
    Brad
    VID soldiers likes this.
  8. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank You Brad
    chippy
    theBaron likes this.